Transplant from Talk Firearns

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What Just Happened?.....Not checked on site for a week,and now I find myself here.

Welcome. I guess it does feel a bit like starting in Kansas and finding yourself in OZ. As havasu said, we are working on the firearms (and other areas too) to make it feel right and interesting for all of you that came over and all that were already here.

To our new members, you should know that this site was created when there were problems elsewhere. I don't know what caused the exodus from your site but most of us here came from a defunct site and came in mass from those sites. We have gained a few great members that found us and joined our family but most, like you, left in groups to come to a new home. We welcome you all as brothers and sisters and hope you enjoy this site as much as we do. You have already made this place better.

Yeah thats why they started Talkfirearms because of corporate taking over from another forum. An since we wouldnt bow down to them, they banded us from that sight.

An now things happened over there and now we are here.

An that ^^^^^ is the PG13 version of it. Lol

Thanks for having us.

Yeah thats why they started Talkfirearms because of corporate taking over from another forum. An since we wouldnt bow down to them, they banded us from that sight.

An now things happened over there and now we are here.

An that ^^^^^ is the PG13 version of it. Lol

Thanks for having us.

I think that is what happened to us who came from PS.
We left there or was kicked out for trying to bring our friends here. So we are all website refugees I guess.
But we do have some really good people here and it looks like since y'all merged we will have even more. :thumbs:

Well, I’m glad this is a place to collect those that came from all these forums, and new members that are here. And the neat thing about having the Homesteading & Country Living name and topics, we can cover a lot of things. I’ve always thought Homesteading is the ultimate in prepping and being ready to take care of one’s self.

And guns, cover self-defense and protection and food gathering. And just fun for the practice of it. (I want a Remington that shows made in Huntsville AL).

Well, I’m glad this is a place to collect those that came from all these forums, and new members that are here. And the neat thing about having the Homesteading & Country Living name and topics, we can cover a lot of things. I’ve always thought Homesteading is the ultimate in prepping and being ready to take care of one’s self.

And guns, cover self-defense and protection and food gathering. And just fun for the practice of it. (I want a Remington that shows made in Huntsville AL).
lol.gif

We have a thread all about that:D:
https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/big-green-going-down.5472/
remingtonr51_e-jpg.16378

I'm about 17 - 20 miles from where that's made. It's close to the Space and Rocket Center. I'll have to check out that thread. Now to see how much one costs. And get some shooting time.
Holy coincidences! I worked in Madison for 20 years.
They make several different guns there, I just don't know which ones.
Edit: There is a good range on County Line Road off the interstate in Madison called "Last Resort Guns":
photo-5.jpg

I've shot there before. They sell guns too!;)

Last edited:
Back