Turkey Season

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gumpy

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Doing some last minute pre-season Turkey scouting. Season starts this weekend!

20180328_122112.jpg
20180328_122104.jpg

How are y'all getting ready and what will you use. I'm going to use crossbow.

Gump, we have turkeys all over the place here. So far nobody has killed many of them although we hear guns going off somewhere here all the time.

Good luck hunting, watch for snakes, both kind, legless and two legged.

Two legged snakes are the most treacherous!
I'd love to get at least one for the oven (Turkey that is)! It's not as good as homemade Fruitcake but it's right up there on my list.

Two legged snakes are the most treacherous!
I'd love to get at least one for the oven (Turkey that is)! It's not as good as homemade Fruitcake but it's right up there on my list.

Well we got nine out of the batch. Here is 3 of them. Right now they are in fridge beign taken out and brushed with brandy for a couple days. Then a few froze and a couple sent to BIL who is disabled and loves our fruit cakes.

lHonrdl.jpg

Well we got nine out of the batch. Here is 3 of them. Right now they are in fridge beign taken out and brushed with brandy for a couple days. Then a few froze and a couple sent to BIL who is disabled and loves our fruit cakes.

lHonrdl.jpg

What a beautiful picture!
1517894928077_image.jpg

I just realized I have never been turkey hunting. I raised them as a teenager and sold the "egges". Coyotes have demolished their populations here in the last 20 years. I haven't seen any in the last 2 years. I used to see them quit often. I haven't seen a quail or heard a whip-poor-will in a decade. :(

On Saturday I got up at0430 to go Turkey huntin. It was sleeting and 20-25mph winds. Not good crossbow hunting so I rolled over and went back to sleep. A friend came by about 1100 and that had gone anyway. The turkeys were smarter than him! Ha

Latest posts

Back