Ugh. Summer Colds. What's your go to remedies?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buffalo

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Started feeling like butt this morning and it was a struggle to keep pushing on through the rest of the day. Worse part is, I know tomorrow is most likely going to be worse today. Heading home for a shower, and then crawling into bed with my cuddle bud of a Labrador retriever, Lily. The wife my cuddle up as well, but she is in hot and heavy in the middle of summer classes for her degree and I don't think she can afford to be sick right now.

So HCL family, what are your go to remedies for a summer cold?

UGH. I'm about 2 weeks out from where you are. I got some good cough syrup and perscription strength Musnix. Feeling much better now. Still got a nasty cough. Wife got sick about a week after I did and hers went straight to broncitus. She got antibiotics and steroids.

I heard Mucinex is a load of garbage. It just triggers your "thirsty sensor" and you drink a ton of water, and that clears up your mucus.
I like elderberry syrup or fizzies, alka seltzer, excedrine. If I'm so stuffy I can't sleep, I'll take a child's dose of benedryl and it'll knock me flat for 10 hrs. If I think it's gone to my sinuses like an infection, then I take my fish Zpack.

I did covid twice and I didn't die. How's that?
Unfortunately I still do ear infections about once every couple of years.
I used to never, ever get sick because we ran our school and also had 5 kids of our own, so was immune to pretty much all of it.
Hang around lots of kids. You'll get sick a few times, then that's it.

Massive amounts of Vitamin C, orange juice, and water, both by the gallon. I just got over one of the worst colds I have ever had. It still took two weeks to shake it. Normally it would take two to three days.

Latest posts

Back