Ultra thick, uber cheap BACON!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
So I got this big pack of ham trimmings from Walmart grocery and I decided it was time to make spicy BBQ and cheese taters for the clan, well I have a bit more ham than tinfoil and I'm out of bacon for some reason, I can't remember any BBC burritos this month yet, so I'm about to wrap this stuff up and chuck it into the freezer when I think:
Bacon is pork.
Ham is pork.
Here sits George Foreman with nothing to do. so I peel off a few thick strips of the ham trimmings and wash them off in a bowl with water with about a cap full of liquid smoke and lay them out on the meat board and sprinkle them liberally with brown sugar, sea salt, and a bit of red pepper and lay them out on the grill for twenty minutes on medium. in retrospect half an hour would have made them crisper, but guess what? tastes just like high dollar bacon and even dried out they're almost 1/8th an inch thick! Well those went with eggs for breakfast, but I'm making more as I type!

EDIT!
Half an hour is a bit much, it gets hard+tough.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back