Useful Homemade Items When Store Bought Items Aren't Available

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzy

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
this is from the granpappys site--lots of very good, simple info on how to make things, make do and improvise to make good food. really worth diving into

Useful Homemade Items
When Store Bought Items Aren't Available

https://grandpappy.org/rhomemad.htm

Summer heat is coming on. This is so important. I wonder about how baking soda works in this.

Electrolyte Beverage (Gatorade, Pedialyte)
1 quart water1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. Lite salt6 to 10 tsp. granulated sugar
Optional Ingredient: Package of Kool-Aid for color and flavoring.
Mix well. Replaces lost electrolytes due to dehydration (diarrhea, vomiting, excessive sweating, etc.).

this is from the granpappys site--lots of very good, simple info on how to make things, make do and improvise to make good food. really worth diving into

Useful Homemade Items
When Store Bought Items Aren't Available

https://grandpappy.org/rhomemad.htm

AHA!! SEE!! He has a recipe for baby formula. Why are all these people whining that the government should fix it.

Sorry. This should be in the Rant for the Day.

Great site Jazz. In addition to food items, it's helpful to know how to make your own hygiene items. Even if you have a good supply, might be a good idea to have the recipes handy. I make my own soap (as do so many) but also deodorant and toothpaste, laundry soap, hmm, can't think what else. I will say after using my own toothpaste, there is a reason they tell you to spit that store bought stuff out.

one thing that works good--zinc oxide. not only for diaper rash, skin protection, UV sun protection but its a great deodorant just a little bit goes a long way. . a 16oz jar for around $9-10 has lasted close to 2 years.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back