Utah or Arizona?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Montana too. I would like to know where you get 7 to 8 months of winter or is that just to keep people of thinking about moving here? If it is, thanks.

That’s good to know. So elk tags are on a lottery basis only? What about mule deer? If you don’t mind me asking, where are you in the eastern side at 7500’? We have considered Apache County as there seems to be some decent land for sale cheap.

That’s good to know. So elk tags are on a lottery basis only? What about mule deer? If you don’t mind me asking, where are you in the eastern side at 7500’? We have considered Apache County as there seems to be some decent land for sale cheap.
Like I said, ALL big game tags have to be applied for here. Obviously some are easier to get than others. A bull elk tag in my area is a several year wait ( supposedly took a neighbor 12 years) but a cow tag is way easier. Don't have much for small game in my immediate area and very few deer and antelope. Got plenty of wolves if you like them. Got lots of elk but the wolves eat more every single day unless they feel like beef instead.
There is a lot of land on the east side that is 6000' or higher. If I had a do-over I would have looked for places at 6000' or lower so growing a garden would be easier. But overall we are both happy enough here. People around here are very friendly and helpful. We are a few years into drought conditions right now. Have no idea when that might end or even if it will.
If you get serious about this area just private message me.

Latest posts

Back