Utopia

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is this how population control works?
People need something to do and they need to be responsible for themselves. At least be able to figure out how to feed themselves and create a life for themselves.
I remember breeding cockatiels and lovebirds many years ago for resale. I was very particular with their feed and housing and breeding set up. I realized that they would breed and hatch better if I gave them more than what they needed. They didn't do as well if I gave them only what they needed. Marvin Harris talked about something similar with tribes. But birds entertain themselves pretty easily. People do not. I think they get into trouble if they are not required to do anything. Maybe this is why video games and cell phones were invented.

John B Calhoun mouse utopia

The parallels with te modern welfare state are striking.

What are your thoughts?

Ben
If there was only a way you could get that little bit of history to the people that live in federal high-rise, high-density housing.
Free housing, free food, free money, free water&sewer&garbage, free electricity.
Why would anyone work?
There is no need to.
If only they could see that they are duplicating this historic experiment and the outcome is 100% predictable, including the violence.
Maybe if BLM actually ended in the word "matters" they would realize that giving them the utopia above that they want so bad, is handing them a death sentence :(.
(I know, I'm dreaming again:rolleyes:)

Maybe? He is definitely in the wrong country!

Latest posts

Back