Voting day in the city

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VThillman

Geezer
Neighbor
voting day.png

Yep, and hold the noise down; I'm sleeping late.

Huge turnout at our local school/voting place, huge. Went twice so far and cars parked all over, long line out the door, looked to be an hour or better wait. We discussed when to go a few days ago. It has never been that busy and no more than 10, 15 folks in line which moved right along with the 4 or 5 folks taking names. Usually steady all day, but never a backlog like we saw today. We will try again in a few hours and if nothing else, hit it this evening and do the wait.

Huge turnout at our local school/voting place, huge. Went twice so far and cars parked all over, long line out the door, looked to be an hour or better wait. We discussed when to go a few days ago. It has never been that busy and no more than 10, 15 folks in line which moved right along with the 4 or 5 folks taking names. Usually steady all day, but never a backlog like we saw today. We will try again in a few hours and if nothing else, hit it this evening and do the wait.
Might not get in there this evening, when the trump voters get off work it will get busy

Went back and just got back, line was about the same. We were there an hour all told. The folks running it said it had been like that since they opened.

We had the new machines where you slip the card in and press selections the screen. Card comes back up in a side window to verify, then press Vote and it disappears. Easy enough.

As a side note, I am in the State of Delaware: I went maskless but did have my white, long sleeve, button collar oxford shirt with me, just in case. No one said a word or even looked crosswise at me. I was the only one I saw. Quite a few large Trump flags on vehicles and some others for a Republican Congresscritter that is running to unseat Coons, the long-termed Democrat representative.

I voted a few days ago and, in Washington there is no voting in person - no open polling places at all. We have been a vote at home population for a long time. I don't trust my mail person so I just dropped my ballot off at the county courthouse.
I will be watching to see what the results are.

I voted this morning shortly after 6:00AM and the line was already about 100 yards long. It took about an hour to get through the line and cast my vote. No problems at all.

So far it has been safe and I hope it stays that way. We had no problems at all but our small town is Trump City so nothing but smiles and happiness here.
Hubbyvoted day before me and same thing both times.

Well I got to vote today. A nightmare.
This should probably go in the rant thread.
The line was about 50 yards long and barely moving.
After waiting over an hour, I couldn't wait to see how they managed to screw this up:waiting:
1. They had 4 voting machines for our small town, never more than 2 were being used because they had only ONE person checking in voters (yes, ONE for the whole town).
2. People would ignore the line and walk in up to the front of the line. Because of the social-distancing stupidity, when the front person stepped forward to check in, they just stood where he was standing and went next.:mad: Poll workers said nothing.

Well, that explains the "Firearms Not Allowed" sign:rolleyes:.

Colorado has been mailing ballots out to everyone for several years (not years for THIS election, but for previous elections - just wanted to make that clear!) When you get yours, you can mail it back (no!), drop it in a really heavy-duty metal ballot box (several around town), or take it with you to vote in person ahead of time or on election day. Or you can just show up at a polling place and get a ballot there. I dropped my ballot off several days ago. Simple as driving up to a mailbox at the Post Office, except it's that special ballot box and not associated with the Post Office.

You can go home and track where your ballot is online. There are two statuses: "collected" (in transit to where they count them), and "approved for counting" once it is received and accepted as non-fraudulent at the county place where they do the counting.

Other than the potential for fraud because of mailing the ballots out to all registered people in the state, it's pretty slick and totally painless to vote here. I just hope the potential fraud thing doesn't come into play.

This is hilarious. I grabbed the screenshot off a ticker running along the bottom edge of a website on my browser.

??????
Mine's better! :p
Be glad you are not watching PBS.
With 0% of the votes in, Biden is declared the winner in Maryland with a commanding lead of zero votes verses Trumps zero votes:
IMG_20201103_193326.jpg

It has been decided! :thumbs: ;)

Mine's better! :p
Be glad you are not watching PBS.
With 0% of the votes in, Biden is declared the winner in Maryland with a commanding lead of zero votes verses Trumps zero votes:
View attachment 52870
It has been decided! :thumbs: ;)
Here you can see with 1% of the votes in, JB is extending his lead in Maryland to 43% over the miserable 56% DT has:
IMG_20201103_195913.jpg

(I am not making this stuff up, actual screenshots of your Public Broadcasting System)

Nine C-130's left FT Bragg about 30 minuets ago. Looks like they are headed for DC... Hmmm, wonder if this has anything to do with the election..

View attachment 52879
You sure they are not headed to us? We've had many of them spraying skeeters down here for several days.
The sound of those 4 turbo-props is unmistakeable.
I watched them making passes overhead several times.
'Death from above!'
mosh.gif
We like that when it comes to skeeters :D.

Latest posts

Back