Walking – The Perfect Way To Exercise Wisely

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meerkat, the recommendation is to walk 3 miles a day. I knew if I didn't find a way or motivation, I would also never get it done. My solution: I schedule walk times with friends. One day I walk with one friend, other days I walk with other friends. It helps to have an appointment, such as 8 a.m. every Tuesday, to walk with this person or that person.

There are also walking groups that meet up at a particular location and time and walk certain pre-set places. This is good if people do not have friends to walk with. It becomes a social group and you get to make new friends. Usually these are in parks, or natural areas. There is one group in my area that selects rivers or creeks and over the course of time, walks the full distance of it, one section at a time. What I am not sure of is how they get back to their cars when the walks are over, but they must have a plan. What I do not remember is how I connected to that group to know why I get emails about their walks. For more social people, this is a great thing to motivate them to walk.

Just saw this post Weedy. Nobody here walks and its a long way to the city. But I do hav hubby to walk with. I just hate to keep asking him when he has so much to do,but he says he doesn't mind. I also listen o music and that helps.
Hardest part is to start.:doghouse:

@phideaux Jim, that's a great little bike. Like the one kind I used at cardio rehab, we had 2 other types of bikes but the one like your style was my fave.
Check with your VA, see if they pay for exercise rehab, see if there's a rehab class offered in your area for post-surgical folks. I went twice a week for several months and it helped me so much. We did stretches, walked for about 15 minutes, then got started on the machines. It was fun.

@phideaux Jim, that's a great little bike. Like the one kind I used at cardio rehab, we had 2 other types of bikes but the one like your style was my fave.
Check with your VA, see if they pay for exercise rehab, see if there's a rehab class offered in your area for post-surgical folks. I went twice a week for several months and it helped me so much. We did stretches, walked for about 15 minutes, then got started on the machines. It was fun.

I agree it is a good program .

Today and my best day of walking at work
.View attachment 35369 View attachment 35371
Wow! I have tried different ways to track my steps, but haven't gotten a fitbit for myself yet. My phone tracks my steps, when I have it with me when I am walking. I don't keep it on me all the time, so many steps and stair climbs are not counted.

Today

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200224-214703_Fitbit.jpg
    Screenshot_20200224-214703_Fitbit.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back