1. Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living. We are glad you came to visit.
    Dismiss Notice

Walther PPQ M2 .22LR

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by Fundy, Aug 22, 2019.

Help Support Homesteading Forum by donating using the link above.
  1. Aug 22, 2019 #1

Fundy

Fundy

Fundy

Somewhat known member Neighbor

Just traded a Ruger .223 rifle for a new Walther PPQ M2 .22LR - a German marvel. A full-size, semi-auto pistol, 12 round mags, fiber-optic front sights, 5-inch ported slide, 2 mags, and threaded for suppressor. Great grip, fixed barrel, a snap to disassemble and reassemble. What's not to love? These are made in Germany by Karl Walther, NOT Umarex. Has an internal hammer instead of the striker-fire system in the centerfire models.

Retail is a little pricey, $450-ish, but I'm sure better deals can be found on-line. The perfect pistol for Steel Challenge or IDPA, and USPSA training before moving up to 9mm. :clapping:

2. Aug 22, 2019 #2

Sentry18

Sentry18

Sentry18

Hired Gun Staff Member Moderator Neighbor HCL Supporter

My Pastor has the same .22LR. He absolutely loves it. I shot it a few times and thought about getting one, but everywhere I looked (at the time) was out of stock. That seems like a pretty good sign that a lot of people like 'em. I have the 9mm PPQ M2 and it's a very well made gun.

Caribou likes this.
  3. Aug 22, 2019 #3

backlash

backlash

backlash

Awesome Friend Neighbor HCL Supporter

I bought my daughter a PPS 9mm for Christmas 2 years ago. She really like it and shoots it well.

Sentry18 and Caribou like this.