Wartime Kitchen, Garden.. Wartime Farm BBC series..

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Horton

Old Bush Bear
Neighbor
Ran across this short first video in the Wartime Kitchen, Garden series...
Several years ago we watched the DVD series the BBC put out for the Wartime Kitchen, Garden and the series Wartime Farm... As I recall there were 6-8 DVDs in each series about an hour each.. The series we watched were put together by a British historical society of some sort.. We really enjoyed this and to me they provoked thoughts of what and how to incorporate ideas into todays life...

Campers we could be fast moving back into this kind of issues in the world created by a number of reasons other than direct local involvement in war... So.. With these happy thoughts in mind if, when spending time doing entertainment at home, I feel these are a good series to review...
Enjoy...

bbc wartime kitchen and garden series

There was a time I had access to a number of turn of the century immigrant, WW1, WW2, Depression era cook books.. Most of the European cook books were English, Scottish, Irish as well as Scandinavian origin...

Please list titles and sources of cook books from these times and other ..frugal living.. recipe sources...

In the initial post I should have included this address...

https://the1940sexperiment.com/100-wartime-recipes/

My wife (76) has some early 20th century cookbooks, and one she uses most often is from WWII called Cooking On A Ration. Remember, most everything was rationed during the war, especially food items.
And this comes in handy today for us since besides my 24 hour per week minimum wage job Social Security is our only income. And with Bidenomics food is TIGHT.

Ran across this short first video in the Wartime Kitchen, Garden series...
Several years ago we watched the DVD series the BBC put out for the Wartime Kitchen, Garden and the series Wartime Farm... As I recall there were 6-8 DVDs in each series about an hour each.. The series we watched were put together by a British historical society of some sort.. We really enjoyed this and to me they provoked thoughts of what and how to incorporate ideas into todays life...

Campers we could be fast moving back into this kind of issues in the world created by a number of reasons other than direct local involvement in war... So.. With these happy thoughts in mind if, when spending time doing entertainment at home, I feel these are a good series to review...
Enjoy...

bbc wartime kitchen and garden series

We Loved this series! We watched series and it was soooo good. My family ate it up! I enjoyed seeing how they made everyday items out of what they had ... I know that's really what we all do as homesteaders, but.... for instance, I loved seeing how they used the tail feathers of the rooster to make a duster! I was thinking about this while we were butchering chickens the other day which is a new adventure for us and I was trying to not scream .... which I did ... numerous times bc those things scare me when they wiggle out of the killing comes..... blah. And I swear they were breathing still when I was plucking feathers that didn't come off in pluckers. My hubby kept laughing at me saying .... they're very dead Tina. I still screamed though. Oh the joys of new adventures on the homestead.

Latest posts

Back