Watch driver "Poop" their Pants.......and avoid JAIL.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
It might be pure luck but being aware is always a good thing.
On a two lane road between two small towns I was driving a 66 Mustang with my girlfriend riding shotgun when I noticed two semi tractor trailer rigs that looked like they were parked side by side around the turn up ahead. When I got to the turn I realized that they were drag racing - one in my lane and one in the northbound lane. I hit the brakes twice real fast to warn the pickup that had been tailgating me for the last couple of miles and then started shifting down and grabbing as much brake as I could. The driver in the oncoming lane hit his brakes as hard as he could but they were very close. I moved into the gravel on the shoulder with two tires and stayed in contact with the blacktop as I continued to brake. I had to move onto the shoulder and off the road as much as I could without dropping into the wheat field as the truck got closer. He just started to move into the other lane as he reach me. He missed the front of that Mustang by no more than three feet as I pulled to a stop. In front of me was a sign on a T post that read, "Shoulder Ends". For the first time I noticed that Linda had bent down with her hands over her head in the airplane "crash position". I asked if she was OK and she said yes that she did that instead of screaming and being a distraction for me. She had no doubt that I would take the right action and knew I had to focus on what was going on. We sat there for a minute and I pulled the car back on the road. We talked about it and laughed about it as we finished our trip.

That whole event took place in under two seconds but it was the longest two seconds of my driving career up to that point. I was ready to jump into the field if it had been necessary but it wasn't.

Where that video took place and for about 20 miles in either direction is a horrific stretch of highway, with a massive amount of accidents, mostly fatal. It is two undivided lanes, with sheer rock wall on one side and a straight drop into the ocean on the other side. After good friends were killed "exactly" there, I bought and currently drive a Ten Ton GVW 4X4 Tractor.

Latest posts

Back