Watch ,Prepare On The Roads

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Coming back from store this person almost had head on crash passing us. People are very impatient now.
Sometimes I just pull over off road and let them have at it. Then one of the others blew the darn horn at us. We were doing almost 50 in 45 MPH zone!
Plus texting and coming over into opposite lanes doing 70 isn't a good idea either.
I bet you truckers really have a time at it.
Y'all be careful and keep watch on others.

Coming back from store this person almost had head on crash passing us. People are very impatient now.
Sometimes I just pull over off road and let them have at it. Then one of the others blew the darn horn at us. We were doing almost 50 in 45 MPH zone!
Plus texting and coming over into opposite lanes doing 70 isn't a good idea either.
I bet you truckers really have a time at it.
Y'all be careful and keep watch on others.
I believe that we have many immigrants in our area who never had good driving training. Add not reading or speaking English to the mix, and they probably miss information as well. Years ago, I had a roommate from Ecuador. She wanted to get her driver's license. She found someone and had him help her learn to drive. Since she didn't speak English well, nor read it, she was a freak show behind the wheel. He tried to tell her to stop at a stop sign. She blasted right through the sign, driving his car. She didn't understand any part of it. She was poor and would send home any piece of clothing that we were getting rid of. It is likely she had never ridden in a car much, let alone had one in her family.

Since I am often transporting dogs, I am careful about making turns and driving on curves. I do the same, I pull over and let people speed on by. Who am I to try to regulate others? I do see many bad drivers on the road everyday. Some are impatient, but some have no idea about rules of the road, right of way and being safe.

Driving defensively is so important. If I didn't, I would have been involved in many accidents in my life. This is why you can't be distracted while driving. Many people think they can do a number of things while they are driving, talking on their cell phones being the worst. Anytime I am really frustrated by a driver and finally get past them, it almost always is because they are talking on their phone.

I live in an area famous for bad drivers - impatient, aggressive, and flat-out bad (Utah). I've adjusted as much as possible by driving defensively (one foot hovering over the brake pedal) and by being as considerate as possible to the drivers around me... even when they're in the wrong. It's not a matter of me being a nice guy as much as it helps to keep my blood pressure in check.

AS a "trucker" I can tell you, texting and trucking takes a special skill!! :rolleyes:. On a serious note, I haven't seen it all and hopefully never do. Impatient drivers cause most of the collisions and seem to never get hit with the traffic citation nor the insurance penitences. If it's stupid and dangerous a stupid dangerous automobile motorist will do it.

As a big rig driver I don't sweat the head on's with an automobile, I'm at 80,000 pounds and a Suburban is about 3,500 or so and it is a company truck. It would still ruin my day.

Latest posts

Back