Watched "12 Strong" tonight.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tacitus

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
This is the story of the first special forces sent into Afghanistan after 9/11.

I was looking forward to the movie. I wanted it to be good. I was not impressed.

They got some things right, but really it was a lot of what Hollywood thinks soldiers say and do. A fair amount of fighting is contrived. Sub-plots are typical Hollywood war movie fare. It dragged on too long. (It was almost as if it were directed by a Danish director directing his first major film. ;))

My wife thought it was good...so there is that.

I would recommend Lone Survivor (Marcus Latrell's story) or American Sniper (Chris Kyle's story) instead.

Thanks for the input. I saw it in the channel guide earlier this week but something else was on at the same time I was sure I wanted to see. Glad I passed on it now.

The battle scenes were good. The rest of it dragged along.

13 Hours is a far better movie, or American Sniper as well. The more I learn about the Line Survivor story, the less I like the movie. What is depicted in the book and movie is far different than Luttrel's actual combat report...

To each his own, indeed. I certainly don't have the definitive word on these things. Just one man's opinion. And, like I said, the wife liked it, and we KNOW she has great taste. :)

13 Hours was also good. That and American Sniper are very good movies. Lone Survivor is not quite as good as those two, but still good...but I wasn't aware it differed from Luttrell's combat report.

I got to know about Luttrell from an interview on the radio, and his frickin' awesome car-chase-911-call when he was chasing down the guys who shot his dog. Sorry that happened to him; I only say awesome because he was cool as a cucumber the whole time he was pursuing these guys at 110 mph. I would've hated to be those guys if he caught up to them before the police did. Stud.

If that happened in New England, he would have gone to jail. Instead, the authorities cooperated to help him. 911 operators were kind of like, 'He killed your dog?...well, let's see if we can get 'em.' :)

‘Lone Survivor’ Navy SEAL went ‘John Wick’ on the guys who killed his dog

Waco Trib: Animal cruelty conviction upheld for killer of ‘Lone Survivor’ dog

I use to like to watch war movies for the history part of it,but now we have as bad in the news so I tend to move to more non political entertainment like these kids we watched for years now,No agendas no vilence or politics.

Except they are stuck in Tonga since pandemic, it has been fun watcing their RVing America ,then their sail around the world adventures..And yes boring at times but I need boring after my daily news broadcast.:ghostly:

No politics? Boring? Sign me up.

I really am trying to think about current events (things I cannot control) much less, and instead think about things I can control, like family stuff. I'm trying to make my world a little smaller...watching a little less news...worrying a little less. It all seems to be going to hell in a handbasket...but it is not necessary for me to be involved.

And, I actually think it is working.

Latest posts

Back