Water problems solved on small scale

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elkhound

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
just looking at problem solving. this is not about gaza and politics behind the troubles. this is about survival situation and fixing troubles on small scale.

guys drilled a well knowing it would be salty well water. i am sure its less salty that straight from ocean. its an interesting little plant for sure. wish we knew more details.this helps some out in neighbor hood for sure.

2-16-22

Last edited:
@UrbanHunter listen to this at about 4 minute mark. talking about the reverse osmosis vs. electrodialysis.this must be how the smaller system i posted above are working with smaller solar arrays of panels?

I have been watching this and preaching this for years. The Israelis have not just survived; they have thrived in a desert for thousands of years. They have created a country and made it possible to live with almost no water. Their irrigation and water conservation practices are among the best in the world.

this is not small scale but i stumbled across it and what a place. we need more of these around the globe. we could build these here in u.s. on money we give away to others across the globe.

Thanks @elkhound for the video on the water treatment, I listened to the end and one of the questions was about using this method for sea water and she clearly said that this method for for ground water which is about 5 or 10 times less salty than sea water. She said that there were a couple of other methods which were more efficient for desalting sea water, she listed reverse osmosis or thermal methods as a better choice for sea water.

I could see how you could easily make one using an old pressure cooker. This could be a good way to improvise water purification if you had to, it would also give you a way to make salt by taking your high concentration salt water and evaporating it in a tray...

Thanks @elkhound for the video on the water treatment, I listened to the end and one of the questions was about using this method for sea water and she clearly said that this method for for ground water which is about 5 or 10 times less salty than sea water. She said that there were a couple of other methods which were more efficient for desalting sea water, she listed reverse osmosis or thermal methods as a better choice for sea water.

yes..these may be best suited for drilled wells like in first video where salt water is only leaching into fresh water.the water is not as salty as ocean but still not drinkable.that system in first video seems pretty small and not a huge solar array.

I could see how you could easily make one using an old pressure cooker. This could be a good way to improvise water purification if you had to, it would also give you a way to make salt by taking your high concentration salt water and evaporating it in a tray...
I did.😁

Latest posts

Back