Waving from the PNW

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypsydreamer

New Friend
Neighbor
Hi everyone
After 30+ years of dreaming finally moved to my dream property. 6 beautiful trees acres
Now life has thrown me some major curves and I must decide if I can do this.
Currently I have a small garden no outbuildings. would like to have a large garden and maybe a small barn.
Hoping to find lots of like minded folks to learn from as I find my way along my new journey.

Welcome from a former Washingtonian, Texas and Colorado also on the way out here to S.W. Oregon which is our paradise. A lot of good things in Washington that I actually miss, the Cascades, Puget Sound, Kitsap Peninsula and Hoods Canal to name a few. This is a good site to be on, lots of great info from people that live the homestead life at various levels.

:welcome: @Gypsydreamer from Australia.

We just moved onto 1.21 acres here (December last year) although we have both been country people before but different now it is our own to do what we will with. This acreage already had a lot of infrastructure on it being a meat shed, another double metal garden shed and a 4 bay metal garage with a lean-to, another wooden garden shed with pump and 2 rainwater water tanks on the top and another large rainwater tank at the back and yes the obligatory country outhouse.

Apart from a few ornamental garden beds we have set up our own vegetable patches complete with kangaroo/wallaby enclosure around the outside and harvested our first lot of silverbeet (chard) from the gardens today.

Welcome to here! I'm looking forward to your posts.

Welcome from Eastern Missouri. Good to have you with us.

Latest posts

Back