We Love Our Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heard these guy at Mr Muffries, in Myrtle Beach, and I was deaf for 3 weeks after hearing them, they played it so loud. :rolleyes: But they were awesome though. 👍

Last edited:
@LadyLocust , how about this one with Ed Sheeran and Andre Bocelli? I am not that familiar with Ed Sheeran's music, but will listen to some in the next few days. I like his style from what I've heard.

@Weedygarden
I've heard that before. Don't shoot! I know I'm picky~ it's not my favorite. It's kinda the lion and the lamb voices or an oxymoron of sounds. Between the miss on styles and Andrea having depth to his voice and Ed having a shallow voice, it's just doesn't work for me. I do like Ed's other music but a different genre. I haven't heard Andrea sing with another male and like it other than the song with his son. One I do like for some reason is his duet with C Aguilera as far as mixing styles. Their voices work well together and I like that the masculine tone takes the higher notes and feminine takes the lower. I don't think it's perfect in that her voice lacks a certain grace, but still an amazing song. Again, these are the things I hear and all of them are far and beyond better than my voice/ability which is along the lines of what a sick goat might sound like. I don't try to be a snarky critique, it's just how I hear the sounds. My favorite duet he's done is with Sarah Brightman - a good match and good song for both. (Corny recording but beautiful tunes)

@Weedygarden
I've heard that before. Don't shoot! I know I'm picky~ it's not my favorite. It's kinda the lion and the lamb voices or an oxymoron of sounds. Between the miss on styles and Andrea having depth to his voice and Ed having a shallow voice, it's just doesn't work for me. I do like Ed's other music but a different genre. I haven't heard Andrea sing with another male and like it other than the song with his son. One I do like for some reason is his duet with C Aguilera as far as mixing styles. Their voices work well together and I like that the masculine tone takes the higher notes and feminine takes the lower. I don't think it's perfect in that her voice lacks a certain grace, but still an amazing song. Again, these are the things I hear and all of them are far and beyond better than my voice/ability which is along the lines of what a sick goat might sound like. I don't try to be a snarky critique, it's just how I hear the sounds. My favorite duet he's done is with Sarah Brightman - a good match and good song for both. (Corny recording but beautiful tunes)

LadyL doyou understand the words of this song? I am not bilangual. Some may say I don't even speak english that well,:).
I can handle a couple classical performers like Johann Strauss and The Three Tenors in small doses. I use to play this one but hubby did a number on it. He couldn't stand them or the song,I grew up listening to some classic. Mama played all kinds of music.

https://youtu.be/toYfeN0ACDw

LadyL doyou understand the words of this song? I am not bilangual. Some may say I don't even speak english that well,:).
I can handle a couple classical performers like Johann Strauss and The Three Tenors in small doses. I use to play this one but hubby did a number on it. He couldn't stand them or the song,I grew up listening to some classic. Mama played all kinds of music.

https://youtu.be/toYfeN0ACDw

Not crazy about the Tenors, but can take it in small doses. 😁

Jogn Denver died when plane ran out of fuel. I liked some of his music.I thought him and Plasido Domingo made a good duet.

Yea right!Real small.But you do try,lol.
Ah, Placido Domingo actually. Probably the best tenor in recorded history. I know this and yet, Pavarotti is (was) my favorite. His voice is just happier to me.
Also to answer your question - no I don't understand it. I do understand words on occasion, but prefer not to understand. I like to hear the voice as an instrument rather than transportation for words if that makes sense. I will give you another example you might like. The song Tennessee Waltz - it's such a beautiful song but the words are so sad, I would prefer to hear it in another language so I didn't know what it was saying. Here is a nice rendition.

Ah, Placido Domingo actually. Probably the best tenor in recorded history. I know this and yet, Pavarotti is (was) my favorite. His voice is just happier to me.
Also to answer your question - no I don't understand it. I do understand words on occasion, but prefer not to understand. I like to hear the voice as an instrument rather than transportation for words if that makes sense. I will give you another example you might like. The song Tennessee Waltz - it's such a beautiful song but the words are so sad, I would prefer to hear it in another language so I didn't know what it was saying. Here is a nice rendition.

I like hearing Patti Page sing the Tennessee Waltz. I like both Dominggo and Pavarotti too.
Do you like any Celtic type music,Mairead Nesbit is very talented violinist.Plus I like the song Danny Boy.

Latest posts

Back