We Love Our Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to my Celtic roots,Elvis sings this better than anyone EVER!He almost gets operatic at the end.

Mr.Meers brother sounds just like this ,he is a great singer musician. The whole family plays music.

I figured if you couldn't hear it good maybe you could hum to the lyrics , thats what my aunt did when she loss part of hearing.

I figured if you couldn't hear it good maybe you could hum to the lyrics , thats what my aunt did when she loss part of hearing.
That makes sense, Meer, but won't work for me. The nature of my hearing loss, maybe the harmonics that are missing, makes the music that is left sound like crap.

That makes sense, Meer, but won't work for me. The nature of my hearing loss, maybe the harmonics that are missing, makes the music that is left sound like crap.

Ok then. I'm sure you have other ways to enjoy life too. Take care.

Earlier this week I found some papers in a box. Long ago I had made a list of the old cassette tapes I wanted to replace with cd's.

One tape I never replaced. A tape by Jo-El Sonnier. (I can pronounce his name in Cajun, good luck to ya'll). Cajun music isn't for everyone but I love it. I first heard Mr. Sonnier in Houston, later that year I heard him again in Baton Rouge at a small venue, bought a tape.

Anyway I found a couple of you tub vids of him. One is with Doug Kershaw

Sonnier! Yes, he is good and so is Kershaw. My mother could outdance ANYONE on the dance floor, especially when Cajun music was played. If I could have bottled her energy, we would have been rich beyond imagination, lol.

Peanut, you will love this song, Jambalaya, sung by Hunter Hayes when he was a precious FOUR-year-old little squirt.

@Grizzleyette___Adams I went to work offshore in the gulf in 1980. Back then almost almost all the boat crews were cajun. The music always filled the boat... If we went to the intercoastal waterway and docked over night in some small town the local bar was cajun along with the food... Serious indoctrination for an alabama boy. The music and the food stayed with me. ;)

funny, I once worked with a guy named Robert Robert. His first name was Robert pronounced in English. His last name Robert, was pronounced in French. So, spoken it was two different names, written it was the same name.

We just called him Bob, less confusion that way.

Last edited:
Painter who painted our house and I, played this song at bar up street from us, at the Lions club and the folks went nuts. Got a clapping ovation. Last time I've in front an audience, except for family. :)

You two did put on a great show,most stood and clapped for awhile.:thumbs:

Earlier this week I found some papers in a box. Long ago I had made a list of the old cassette tapes I wanted to replace with cd's.

One tape I never replaced. A tape by Jo-El Sonnier. (I can pronounce his name in Cajun, good luck to ya'll). Cajun music isn't for everyone but I love it. I first heard Mr. Sonnier in Houston, later that year I heard him again in Baton Rouge at a small venue, bought a tape.

Anyway I found a couple of you tub vids of him. One is with Doug Kershaw

Official video,
https://youtu.be/lhGeVuu0p_A

I took a bus from Atlanta to NO when I was 19 and PG looking for my estranged party boy hubby. Nobody spoke english.:dunno:
Got lost in the French Quarters and a bunch of men were following me so I ran into a Cathlic church [ it was Sunday] begging for help,they thrrw me out,first experiance with them was not pleasant,but since have know a couple good Cajuns.

JJ Cale always sounded Cajun to me,

https://youtu.be/7ACOWsMUGE4?t=65

https://youtu.be/lcY5SQECqks

Last edited:
Back