We Love Our Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The banjo is my favorite instrument. It’s the only one I’ve actually tried to learn & plan to pick it up again some day.

Thanks, great song choice 👍

Larry Cordle is actually an old bluegrass picker... He's made a name for himself in Nashville as a song writer, a long list of great songs. If you ever get a chance to see him live you'd enjoy it.

I've posted this else where in the forum... We'd been picking all afternoon. I stopped to take this photo a few years ago, several of the guys are dead now. Anyway, I began playing bluegrass with some of these guys when I was a kid. The first time I played on a stage I was 9 or 10. The man in the photo playing banjo owned that stage. That night I stood beside the man in the wheel chair...

I played regularly up until about 2012 when the restaurant we played at in Tuscaloosa closed, folks moved away, a couple died... No one left to pick with anymore.

Belk a  (4)a.jpg

Larry Cordle is actually an old bluegrass picker... He's made a name for himself in Nashville as a song writer, a long list of great songs. If you ever get a chance to see him live you'd enjoy it.

I've posted this else where in the forum... We'd been picking all afternoon. I stopped to take this photo a few years ago, several of the guys are dead now. Anyway, I began playing bluegrass with some of these guys when I was a kid. The first time I played on a stage I was 9 or 10. The man in the photo playing banjo owned that stage. That night I stood beside the man in the wheel chair...

I played regularly up until about 2012 when the restaurant we played at in Tuscaloosa closed, folks moved away, a couple died... No one left to pick with anymore.

View attachment 67438

A man whom I met at church in ‘07 let me borrow a banjo for 3 months to learn the banjo. He played in a group that looked just like that. They called themselves Finger Picking Good. They would play at nursing homes, mostly, when I got to know them. They praised the lord and prayed for folks. The blue grass was very good I thought.

When things were good one member died and they didn’t play for a while, then, my friend got liver cancer. It didn’t take long to take him home. I miss them...

How about something completely different?
An instrument you play without touching? Impossible!!!
Just for Dave. The Theremin:

Yes, we've all heard it before, loved it, and never knew what it was:

Last edited:
Back