We Love Our Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I get older I have remembrances of some of the songs I grew up with, funny thing is I can also remember who the singers were sometimes, here's a good song that Jo Stafford sang probably in the early 50's, perhaps even in the 40's "You Belong To Me", look it up and play it, I love it when you can understand what singers are saying, now days you don't want to know what they are saying.

this is an amazing Sing Off between the Temptations and the Four Tops. this was terrific. its an different kind of format to me, but just click on the temptations and 4 tops and expand the window. what fun! i bet no matter how old you are you will wnat to get up and boogie---well, at least for a minute or 2, i swear i dropped 50 years for a few minutes, lol yall gonna love this

Last edited:
This may be on here already, but I love this song.

Feelin' Alright written and performed by Dave Mason, one of my O.M.'s favorites. Along with Sammy Hagar, Patrick Simmons and son, Michael McDonald, Tom Johnston, John McFee, Mick Fleetwood, and a couple others I don't know.

Morgan101 link to The City of New Orleans is one of my favorite train songs...
Up here I have had people watch that video and wonder where the long bridge is at the end of the video.. I believe that is Lake Pontchatrain, according to my southern cousins...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Pontchartrain_Causeway
Another of my favorite train songs is Canadian Rail Road Trilogy by Gordon Lightfoot..

Latest posts

Back