We Love Our Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can tell how much Clapton admires JJ in this song.

They were very good friends for a very long time. There is a nice testimonial on You Tube of Clapton going to JJ Cale's funeral. Very touching.

They were very good friends for a very long time. There is a nice testimonial on You Tube of Clapton going to JJ Cale's funeral. Very touching.

I liked J.Js bluesey Cajun type style. And the sound of the instruments he used in his band were one of a kind. several bands made it good off songsJJ wrote.

Ventures, Chet Atkins, Les Paul & Mary Ford and The Dell Vikings, I had a long play album of them that was a 78 rpm record which was rare and probably valuable if I still had it. Chet Atkins and Les Paul & Mary Ford were on TV in the early 1950's, those are the things I miss, bands and singers that you could understand and they sounded great.

Ventures, Chet Atkins, Les Paul & Mary Ford and The Dell Vikings, I had a long play album of them that was a 78 rpm record which was rare and probably valuable if I still had it. Chet Atkins and Les Paul & Mary Ford were on TV in the early 1950's, those are the things I miss, bands and singers that you could understand and they sounded great.

@viking here is one of them, with lyrics.

Well, that brings back memories from high school.
There was a local band by the name of "the Banana Splits" that had a mean drum solo that was even better. Long ago in a galaxy far away... OK same galaxy but still long ago.

Haven't heard Elvis in a while,

Cousin play guitar and we'd all sing to this song and other Elvis songs ; felt sorry for shrimp every since,haha.,

Second try @Haertig
tunes 2.JPG
tunes.JPG

Strause is my favorite but then I don't play an instrument, but mama did. A little history ,

[ Funny how I was about to put up a song with a little bit of history from the Kinks when I came to ths thread. So much synchronicity going on these days.]

The first records of polka music can be found in the written recordings in Poland and Czech music papers in the early 1800s. However, during that time this music and dance style was limited to the peasant population of the territory Bohemia, now a part of Czech Republic.

Strause is my favorite but then I don't play an instrument, but mama did. A little history ,

[ Funny how I was about to put up a song with a little bit of history from the Kinks when I came to ths thread. So much synchronicity going on these days.]

The first records of polka music can be found in the written recordings in Poland and Czech music papers in the early 1800s. However, during that time this music and dance style was limited to the peasant population of the territory Bohemia, now a part of Czech Republic.
I did not know that :)

Although I do appreciate all our diverse music thought I'd get back to some of the old classic's of American music and its ancestors.while it is sill allowed and before it is considered ' white nationalist racism'.

Last edited:
@Haertig couldn't find the one where Jim asked if you taught a course so here they are.
No, I have never taught any courses. I am but a poor piano player who likes classical/romantic period composers. I am talking about Liszt, Schubert, Chopin, Beethoven, Brahms, Debussy, etc. - the names you have probably heard of (OK, Debussy is not classical/romantic, but I like him anyway!) I am not a professional, only a hobbyist.

As such, I can't say that I recognize any of the composers in your pictures above. Your composers may indeed be from the classical/romantic timeframe that I like (mid-1800's), but I wouldn't know. I am afraid that I am not familiar with them. Sorry about that. You may be able to find out something about them with Google searches. I don't know if you'd find anything, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

No, I have never taught any courses. I am but a poor piano player who likes classical/romantic period composers. I am talking about Liszt, Schubert, Chopin, Beethoven, Brahms, Debussy, etc. - the names you have probably heard of (OK, Debussy is not classical/romantic, but I like him anyway!) I am not a professional, only a hobbyist.

As such, I can't say that I recognize any of the composers in your pictures above. Your composers may indeed be from the classical/romantic timeframe that I like (mid-1800's), but I wouldn't know. I am afraid that I am not familiar with them. Sorry about that. You may be able to find out something about them with Google searches. I don't know if you'd find anything, but it wouldn't hurt to try.
You forgot Rachmaninoff :) My opinion - he was one of the most romantic in style. Haven't taken the time to google yet. I was cleaning/organizing before work. I need to dig a little.

Latest posts

Back