We Love Our Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, Shenandoah,
I long to see you,
Away you rolling river.
Oh Shenandoah,
I long to see you,
Away, I'm bound away,
'cross the wide Missouri.

Oh Shenandoah,
I love your daughter,
Away, you rolling river.
For her I'd cross,
Your roaming waters,
Away, I'm bound away,
'Cross the wide Missouri.

'Tis seven years,
since last I've seen you,
And hear your rolling river.
'Tis seven years,
since last I've seen you,
Away, we're bound away,
Across the wide Missouri.

Oh Shenandoah,
I long to see you,
And hear your rolling river.
Oh Shenandoah,
I long to see you,
Away, we're bound away,
Across the wide Missouri.
https://lyricstranslate.com

Shenandoah is Algonquin for "daughter of the stars."
Thanks,
@Meerkat it is an old folk song, unknown origin.

@Meerkat !!! As a rocker girl, I am amazed you, of all folks, didn't know Fogerty was once part of Creedence Clearwater Revival! Once the band split up, yes, he went on and continued to perform. I think there were issues with copyrights to the music and the other musicians may have been trying to sue him at some point.

@Meerkat !!! As a rocker girl, I am amazed you, of all folks, didn't know Fogerty was once part of Creedence Clearwater Revival! Once the band split up, yes, he went on and continued to perform. I think there were issues with copyrights to the music and the other musicians may have been trying to sue him at some point.

Patch ,no I never knew the name of the lead singer just knew I liked ssoem of the songs, one thing that kinda turned me off CCR was my ex the kids father,lol. He loved CCR.
I liked this one and Fortunate Son the best.

Jay Blacks nickname was "The Voice'.

The guy was great.

Jim

I had these two on an album in the 80s and hubby busted it to pieces, he didn't like opera I guess. :ghostly:

I think the difference in Jay Blacks voice and Lou Christie was Jay actually had opera type [ like Placido Domingo and John Denver] vocals and Lou just had a high pitch voice?

@Meerkat , I like both,
Both have unique traits.
But I would vote for Jay Black.

CaraMia was just awesome vocals.

Jim

I agree somewhat I like them both according to my mood but Jay difinaely has the better voice.

Ready for anothe original voice, Fender?

IMO only one voice (behind Elvis) that could blow them all away was the greatest Roy Orbison ..his range was phenomenal.

Jim

I agree Jim and there is another one that did a song better than Elvis ,imo. The first one who sang the song below was better than Elvis .

Latest posts

Back