We Love Our Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was on a flight out of Nashville, the plane wasn't crowded, quiet... In the row behind me were Wynonna and Ashley Judd. Guess? They were complaining to each other about their mother... It was funny to me. :D

I can't beleive Wynona would be seen in public with Ashley. The mother seems to be ok so far.

The song most people refered to as ' Dixie ' was banned and considred racist, but guess it overcame the prejudice .

https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/the-banning-of-dixie-the-birth-of-an-american-trilogy/
“Mickey, you can’t do that,” Colby protested. “They’ll tear this club apart.” Colby’s new venture, Bitter End West, a Los Angeles branch of his venerable New York folk club, had not been open a week and Mickey had been granted the privilege of playing its opening weekend.

“Well, get a shovel,” came Mickey’s reply, “cos I’m fixing to do it.”

Rather than introduce “Dixie” by name, Mickey preceded his performance with a short overture that he knew would play well to the audience of liberal Californians, industry folk and fellow artists.

“Just this last week,” he began, “there was a song banned. I just can not understand why people think a song can be damaging. Anybody that loves truth and loves music would have no argument with ‘Blowin’ In The Wind’ regardless of what Bob Dylan’s politics or personality was like.”

There were whoops of agreement. Mickey continued on, talking about the dangers and injustice of banning free speech, then he started into the song.

Last edited:

This was one of the most amazing shows we've ever seen. This put chill bumps on us when the horses and 3 generals rode off into the night, video doesn't do it justice but it was great live.Actually looked like they were alive and the song selection could'nt have beeen better.

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1582417271807.jpg

Jim

Latest posts

Back