• Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living.
    We are glad you came to visit.
    Ads in your way? Register/login and read with less ads, or ask how to get rid of them.

We Love Our Music

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Oh...don't get me started on Marty Robbins..
That guy was a musical
Genuis.

Jim
I sa him in concert in Jax Fl. in 1977 or so. Meryl haggard the main one they paid to see passed drunk out and Marty took over the show, he was great. Got a long applause and standing ovation at the end,Mertl ,whoi?:lil guy:

Patchouli

Patriot
Neighbor
I think the original lyrics with that video would have gotten the same point across.
More than 62,000 homeless in L.A. alone, and that is most likely underestimated.

jimLE

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
There's one song that keeps coming to mind but can't think of it.it's about a lil boy who played the guitar and all the girls and women loved him.9 to 90.anyone remember it?

Morgan101

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Meerkat: These are all great selections. Paint Your Wagon is one of my all time favorites. I wish I could find the scene where Lee Marvin is taking about the Ten Commandments. Hysterical. You are right. He was fantastic in the role.

John Trivolta from Michael. Loved that movie. Great scene with him dancing to Chain of Fools.

Trivia on Oklahoma: Did you know they filmed the movie in Nogales, Arizona. The corn was grown by the University of Arizona. They couldn't find a place in Oklahoma where there wouldn't be an oil rig in the shot.

Peanut

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
But I AM from Texas!!
Exactly... you can share this song with New Mexico friends who are NOT from Texas... to tease them! ;)

The song is Lyle Lovett (a Texan) poking fun at folks who are not from Texas... with a big band sound!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Group Builder