We Love Our Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Meerkat I can't quite remember how it feels to be out spending the night dancing! I know it's good for your heart, for exercise, and can make ya happy.
My style: freestyle.

I can remember last time I was out dancing at least i hope thats what I was doing. It was about 3 years ago. I had 2 Black Rssians and got loose alone on the dance floor,hubby said I had fun and I did.
In the video you put up it was nice seeing a young man dressed up dancing instead of backwards ball cap and baggy pants.

I can remember last time I was out dancing at least i hope thats what I was doing. It was about 3 years ago. I had 2 Black Rssians and got loose alone on the dance floor,hubby said I had fun and I did.
In the video you put up it was nice seeing a young man dressed up dancing instead of backwards ball cap and baggy pants.
My hubs wasn't a dancer either. Ha. Black Russians. I used to drink those. Until I didn't.
I know, two different guys in that video, I thought they would meet in the streets and have the whole city dancing. No? Ok.
The other video by Van Halen doing that song was dumb. David Lee Roth is a goof.

@Meerkat I can't quite remember how it feels to be out spending the night dancing! I know it's good for your heart, for exercise, and can make ya happy.
My style: freestyle.

Patch music is magic far as how good it can be for you, guess you didn't watch the old people listening to music I put up. It is a positive thing and a nice retreat from most of the stuff I get into.

My hubs wasn't a dancer either. Ha. Black Russians. I used to drink those. Until I didn't.
I know, two different guys in that video, I thought they would meet in the streets and have the whole city dancing. No? Ok.
The other video by Van Halen doing that song was dumb. David Lee Roth is a goof.

MrMeer was a good dancer we won a few contest in our day but can't dance with all the metal rods,sccrews and cages in his back now but he watches me dance and sometims here at home he will slow dance or even little fast but not often, and not lie this anymore,lol.

On youtube what I just watched and tried to post was:
Swing BYU-Idaho Dance Alliance
This is a program at that university. They travel all over the U.S. and we got to see them perform at a local public school a few years ago. Different performers every year I guess but they are really good! It is so fun to watch. The group we saw was better than the group on the yt video I'm referring you to.

On youtube what I just watched and tried to post was:
Swing BYU-Idaho Dance Alliance
This is a program at that university. They travel all over the U.S. and we got to see them perform at a local public school a few years ago. Different performers every year I guess but they are really good! It is so fun to watch. The group we saw was better than the group on the yt video I'm referring you to.

Yes I put up a video thining it wa one I had watched before but it wasn't anything like it at all.I should have watched it first,lol. I took it off .

This girl seems so shy, but I like her understated and unassuming version of this song, and the acoustics of the stairwell:

Haven't played this one in years, nice song and the girl did a great job .

Here is my favorite transcription of this piece. Written by Schubert, transcribed by Liszt. Any time you see "Liszt", you know it's difficult to play. I've played several version of this piece, but could never get this one. Liszt has your hands doing so many different things, you wonder how you are going to be able to get a finger to the melody notes. This transcription is a great example of that. Watch her play and try to figure out which hand/finger is playing the melody. It's like rapid-fire drive-bys where a finger picks out a melody note on it's trip elsewhere, then a different hand and finger going the opposite direction picks up the next melody note. Incredibly difficult to do well. Maybe I posted this video before, I can't remember. This thread has gotten so long that it's impossible to search and find out.

I'm sure I must have posted this one before, somewhere. It's one of my favorite Liszt/Schubert pieces. Probably because it is the only thing with "Liszt" on it that I can actually play well (it's one of his easier ones). But even though it sounds very simple and easy, I can assure you it's not. Your hands get all crossed over each other in the middle trying to pick out those melody notes. Over, under, intertwined - Liszt was such a show off, even on the slow ones!

Here is my favorite transcription of this piece. Written by Schubert, transcribed by Liszt. Any time you see "Liszt", you know it's difficult to play. I've played several version of this piece, but could never get this one. Liszt has your hands doing so many different things, you wonder how you are going to be able to get a finger to the melody notes. This transcription is a great example of that. Watch her play and try to figure out which hand/finger is playing the melody. It's like rapid-fire drive-bys where a finger picks out a melody note on it's trip elsewhere, then a different hand and finger going the opposite direction picks up the next melody note. Incredibly difficult to do well. Maybe I posted this video before, I can't remember. This thread has gotten so long that it's impossible to search and find out.

My mother was one of the greatest pianist, nothing she couldn't play the keys and pedals were graceful or rocking.Played since she was 6.

p.s. Here is another performance of Standchen, the Schubert/Liszt piece I love to play so much. You can see starting around 2:10 in the video how your hands have to get all scrambled to find the notes. Liszt just loves to do this stuff! At least this piece is slow, so you have a chance is you're not a maestro. Once you finally figure out how to reach all the notes, and can start playing them musically, it is such a great feeling! The echo part starting at 3:55 is also very hard to make sound good, even though the notes are easy to reach.

Attachments

• Franz Schubert_Standchen.pdf
    963.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Far as classic goes it doesn't get any beter than Johanny, :thumbs: No more beautiful dance than his waltz either. 4 of my grandaughters put on a play here on the farm and 2 of them did a graceful waltz to this and other songs,We had 90 hours in practice for this. Luch would have it not one video worked so only pictures.

Back