We Love Our Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard a Skynard song on the radio last week. I have a couple of Skynard albums but like most I don't have a stereo, haven't heard them in years. I happened to be shopping on amerzin and ordered a CD. "One More from the Road". A live recording in atlanta in 1976, 16 cuts plus 8 alternate cuts, 3 of which have never been released, a 2 CD set. I enjoyed both CD's this evening...

Skinard.JPG

Not from my new CD but one of my favorites...

I heard a Skynard song on the radio last week. I have a couple of Skynard albums but like most I don't have a stereo, haven't heard them in years. I happened to be shopping on amerzin and ordered a CD. "One More from the Road". A live recording in atlanta in 1976, 16 cuts plus 8 alternate cuts, 3 of which have never been released, a 2 CD set. I enjoyed both CD's this evening...

View attachment 51969

Not from my new CD but one of my favorites...

Peanut for awhile it seemed everytime we moved This band or the Alaman Brothers were in town. Greg went out on his own. One night in Jax ,Dl. Dickie Betts after years of not speaking to each other just walked up to the stage and looked at Greg and Greg smiled and started playing,Jax Pavillian out side on the St Johns River, great concert and we were right up to the stage.
I went to teen dances to see the Swinging Medallions in the mid 60s. Then they staeted playing clubs and hotels as they got older, so pretty much grew up with them. Myrtle Beach we'd sit in the lounge and talk to them. good times. I'm sure they reconized us, I was always dancing 'of course,lol' so my face was familiar.
Now all we have are the good memories of these guys.

https://youtu.be/PH1p2SZRpQo

Last edited:
*0s Bubble Gum muscians writers,Little history of the music and times.
I was surprised they wrote for Hermens Hermits, Monkeys and Tommy James Shondales,

I can not dance. I have hated dancing ever since they tried to make me Square Dance in grade school.
I led a revolt and got that ended. I spent time in the Principle's office for it but it was worth it.

Most guys liked working on their hot rods or riding horses and didn't dance but a few loved to dance and thank goodnes for that or us girls that all liked to dance would've been dancing alone.
When I first got the kids father on the dance floor we were at a club by then we were drinking age. He looked like he was doing an Indian war dance,lol.He hated to dance.

I was only sort-of-normal until puberty hit, then developed fairly heavy-duty acne. I didn't much like my looks, figured learning to dance would be pointless.

That was a teenage problem for many back then. Its a shame it kept some in the background but some didn't let it bother them and they danced like crazy,lol.

That is a good song, Meer.
Singing along
I like his music.

Have you ladies seen this? This is the We Love Our Music forum,
It is the healing miracle of music. I already knew this from my mother and her sister both on their death beds and still smiled when I played some of their old songs. My aunt was bouncing all over the place and singing out loud,mama would just hum and ask me to play certain song again.

This is amazing how it works.

I bring a chair to the kitchen while I'm cooking when mom is visiting. She sits in there and watches. I bring my laptop in and tell her to tell me a song, any song. I usually find it on youtube. She is amazed by youtube. And then one memory of a song will lead to another. She'll sing along. She loves music! Better than what she sang yesterday...we were driving the truck to the side of the highway because of roadwork, and so you hear, "ba bump, ba bump". She started yelling, "Stupid, stupid, stupid". That's what the bumps said to her.

Latest posts

Back