We Love Our Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK! I found the version of Canon in D that I want to learn next. There are so many different arrangements of this piece. (This thread got me on a kick to review this Pachelbel piece that I haven't played for years and years!)

At first, I didn't like the staccato - that's just not the way I envision the piece. But stick with it and it starts to feel better at measure 9 (1:08 into the video). And then my measure 11 (1:21 into the video) I am totally good with it, and appreciating the delicate nature of how it is played.

This arrangement makes such wonderful use of thirds that I instantly fell in love with the bell-like quality of the sound. I've already downloaded the sheet music for this one and will be starting in on learning it tomorrow!

======================================================================

And below is another good arrangement. I've got to learn this one too. I love it when the left hand starts its delicate running at measure 25 (1:37 into the video). And the fifths that lead into both hands running against each other at measure 33 (2:03 into the video) ... my heart just melts from there to the end.

It's been a long time since I've heard reggae music. I never did develop a taste for it except for one song... "The Electric Stairs to Jackson Street"
The composer and singer is dead a while ago and I knew him. I don't think he got the song published. Oh well, that was a long time ago.

Back