We Love Our Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been a long time since I've heard reggae music. I never did develop a taste for it except for one song... "The Electric Stairs to Jackson Street"
The composer and singer is dead a while ago and I knew him. I don't think he got the song published. Oh well, that was a long time ago.
I've known song writers and musicians. I moved to North Dakota, land of country music, with a Bob Marley tape. I am not sure how or why I had that, but I did listen to it a little, as well as all kinds of other music. The reactions of others to hearing it was usually something like, "What is THAT?" I have listened to all kinds of music in my life, and lowest on my list happens to be Country and Western, if that is still a music genre.

It's been a long time since I've heard reggae music. I never did develop a taste for it except for one song... "The Electric Stairs to Jackson Street"
The composer and singer is dead a while ago and I knew him. I don't think he got the song published. Oh well, that was a long time ago.

It was funny movie.

No movie darlin', you are thinking of "The Staircase"

@Haertig , we need a thread for classical music and maybe a little opera!
I was a classical fan long before it was cool. I had twice as many classic LPs as I did rock.
Why have 6 musicians when you could hear 106 for the same price?
But with opera, count me out. One screechy woman for an hour with backup, no thanks!!!
I have maybe 2 opera pieces that I can appreciate.
Who's up for the 1812 overture? They got guns!

I was a classical fan long before it was cool. I had twice as many classic LPs as I did rock.
Why have 6 musicians when you could hear 106 for the same price?
But with opera, count me out. One screechy woman for an hour with backup, no thanks!!!
I have maybe 2 opera pieces that I can appreciate.
Who's up for the 1812 overture? They got guns!
Well, I'd bet that there is opera that you would like. What about this? Isn't this opera? I can listen to him sing all day long.

Nikita in Russian is a mans name ironic, think he knew that?Its a song about a girl on other side of the Berlin Wall ,

Back