We Love Our Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@elkhound !!!!

I see your Three Days Grace and raise you some Greta Van Fleet! (Those of us who cut our teeth on Led Zepplein have renewed hope in music once again after hearing these very young men play.)

In the first video, Highway Tune, they are a brand new garage band...very young (some are still in high school age in the video)

This voice....oh my... um, excuse me Mr. Robert Plant? Could you move over please? Here comes Greta Van Fleet...

Speaking of Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant, he had this to say about them:

Here they are after they have ripened just a couple more years...

Greta Van Fleet - Live at Red Rocks (September 24th, 2019) - Fully Filmed Concert

Then they (very recently) moved into this album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vjLrCqedXs&list=PLxJJcP5YX06d3XzQpFmo1GtdfWB6YDldX&index=3
Greta Van Fleet - Heat Above (Audio)

There's more but these songs will show you their range of magnificence.

She has great range doesn't she? !

Since the north is invading the south ' again ' may as well play this one.Plus it is a catchey little tune.

She is a he, a true blooded American Male with a Robert Plant-ish voice, lol.
OH funny! I didn't even watch, hit play and speaker is in another room so went to wash dishes while it was playing. Saw Greta & hit play etc. blah blah. . . heehee. Guess it doesn't matter much to me; I like tunes. I often don't know if a singer or singers is/are a group, a single person, male or female unless it's by chance. Sorry :rolleyes:

OH funny! I didn't even watch, hit play and speaker is in another room so went to wash dishes while it was playing. Saw Greta & hit play etc. blah blah. . . heehee. Guess it doesn't matter much to me; I like tunes. I often don't know if a singer or singers is/are a group, a single person, male or female unless it's by chance. Sorry :rolleyes:

Haha, and Greta Van Fleet is a strange name for an all-male band! They borrowed the name from a beloved elderly lady who lives in the same neighborhood as most of the band. Back when they were an obscure garage band, they wanted to name themselves Greta Van Fleet in her honor and asked her permission. The elderly neighbor was, of course, delighted!!!

Back