We Love Our Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Warning: Towards the end lots of flashing lights.
A fan put together different concerts (looks like to me) with Bowie, Vedder, and of course Gilmour, "Comfortably Numb." Nice work.

@elkhound Curious, what category is the music you've posted? Is there a name for it?

Anyway, I listened to all or parts of several, not my cup of tea but to each his own. Me, acoustic stringed instruments, guitars, mandolins, fiddles, piano. Even piano/keyboards with a really good horn section. Got to hear ray charles one night. He had the rayettes an upright bass and a 12 piece horn section. Awesome show at a small theater in Portsmouth Virginia!

sorry @Peanut i just seen this..missed it in my alerts...most of stuff i post falls under alternative rock..maybe a bit of punk rock...it sorta depends on who you ask really to exact category. i just like music but i lean towards what was often called Seattle sound as its came from that general area...i like nirvana,foo fighters,bush,green day and those type bands...but i listen to everything really from more than just here in u.s. the russian chic does great cover songs...she does english versions but not as much as in her native tongue. i like bluegrass,big band just lots of stuff.lived on west coast 30 years ago and heard russian bluegrass there way back then...merrkat thought i was a kgb agent when i posted the russian girl...i use to carry on i caught a ride to mosccow and was rocking with her there...lol....theres people on this board knows me over 15 years from various forums.

lived with a old guy in alaska once out of berkley and was a veteran and he was most awesome spanish guitar player ever.

i fall under wide range but focus on alternative rock mainly.

for those that dont know aron lewis was founding member and lead vocalist for rock group Staind and they were pretty successful. he went solo in 2010 to country. hes an artist for sure.

They were playing in my general area with Skynyrd over the summer. Something about regulations and mandates but there were no man dates for me. I mean, I didn't go. :D
First time I saw them they lead off for ZZ Top. The nearest Harley shop has an outdoor theater and they play there most every summer. I've saw them there 3 or 4 times.

I haven't posted in this thread and it is LONGGGGGG.... So, I'll start by saying I'm a newb to this thread b/c music preference is so individual, but it just seemed like this post belonged here. I like many generes' of music but prefer rock. However, I do like modern Country, which many folks label as 'pop' music. Yeah, I get it.....I loathe old twangy country music. LOL! Which is probably why I like the new country.

Anyways, I LOVE this video! It's so cute and I catch (no pun intended) myself smiling at the video before it takes a turn. Still, even the turn is not so bad. Everything happens for a reason.......I strongly believe that. I hope ya'll enjoy it as much as I do. I really like the message at the end.......Man plans. God laughs. If you haven't seen it, watch it. It'll give you a smile and it tells such a great story.
Bret Young.....Catch

Peanut you were talking about Blackberry Smoke the other day. I just ran across this one today. Looks like they just put it up yesterday for Veterans day. Got a good story behind it.

I don't why this song just makes me stop and turn it up every time I hear it.

I don't why this song just makes me stop and turn it up every time I hear it.

Because deep down we all know... life is an eternal journey filled with adventure and love.

Latest posts

Back