We Love Our Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quiet day today, so I was thinking back to those idealistic tunes from the late '60s & early '70s... so much idealism, and yet where did it lead? To this BS we have today? Fraudulent gubmint, greedy globalist swine, vaxxer creeps, and so many "citizens" looking out for #1? It really makes me wonder where all that idealism went... here are a few reminders of it. :confused:

The Guess Who

Simon & Garfunkel

Neil Young

Last edited:
I doubt if I can even find recorded music from when I was a kid...:D

Jim
You'd be surprised, I've found music from programs on early TV and things on the radio I listened to back in the 40's and 50's, what's amazing to me is that some of the artists names come to mind, like Jo Stafford and her song "You Belong To Me", probably from early radio or TV, I love listening to songs like that, especially since it makes me realize that at 80 years on this planet, my brain still works pretty good in some areas.

These folks are amazing if you like acoustic music.

They are very good. Thanks for sharing. Have you ever heard Tommy Emmanuel? He is an amazing acoustic guitarist. He has quite a list on You Tube. He and his brother Phil, who passed away a couple of years ago, did classical music. Phil played electric, and Tommy played aciustic guitar. I had no idea classical music could be played that way. I will try to find some.

Last edited:
Last week at work a coworker, about 30-ish, was listening to a song that had similar music to Inna Gada Da Vida. I asked him if he ever heard of that song. He said it sounded familiar but he didn't know the song. I mentioned The Simpson's episode where Bart switched the music list at church and they all sang "In The Garden Of Eden" by "I. Ron Butterfly" and he remembered that. He then pulled up the song on his phone and listed to the entire song. Tonight as I walked past him he had Inna Gada Da Vida playing in his music list. I just smiled and kept walking. He listens to a wide variety of old and new music but to hear that song in his regular play list because I mentioned it made me laugh/smile.

Latest posts

Back