Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone watching the winter storm coming from the west next week? gonna hit us wed it looks like. bad winds. then i heard a worse one is coming after that even worse. guess winter is here.

Well this is not weather in our current area, but our former hometown in north Alabama, Arab.
The whole place is flooded thanks to @Bacpacker and @Peanut 's love of flash-floods. :p
For reference: We lived there for 28 years and it never flooded.
We would be trapped in our house for 3 days due to roads before it goes away.
Somebody call Greta!gaah

The warnings going out early saved a lot of people. Plus, most of rush hour traffic was over before the big rains came.

Water was 30ft in those canyons off the SE side of Red mtn, especially through Hoover and Pelham. The 2 killed there were boys, 18, and his little brother, 13 who were just trying to get home.

The wind was strong, kept knocking over my big ponytail palm (in a pot). I take it in the house or garage come colder temps.
Didn't see hardly any hail, @Pearl , less than pea-sized handful. Some of the lightning was ferocious and did see green skies before it got dark. We really needed the rain. Looks like rain expected through Thursday in these parts. Went from 92 to 68.

First snow of this winter, overnight. About 1/2" is all, but it sets the mood. Nice fire in the wood stove this morning, hot coffee...
Update evening: high 42, frigid wind all day.

Last edited:
Well today it is raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock. Temps were still in the 90's yesterday. Middle of October, and the leaves haven't even started to change. Isn't this supposed to be Fall?

Space Weather News You guys may want to secure any want to save electronics inside your faraday cages . The C.M.E. will be making impact . The question is how strong will the event be ? It appears Russia may be getting the worst of it .Space Weather News
Solar EMPs do not affect electronics. They affect long transmission lines, large generators (like at power stations), and large transformers (like the large substations).

Winds. Lots of winds. I have never seen it this dusty before. Looks like fog there’s so much dust blowing right now. Not just here. Everywhere I’ve been today. Everything is covered with a thick layer of dirt. Absolutely miserable day. Supposed to continue through tomorrow evening.

Winds. Lots of winds. I have never seen it this dusty before. Looks like fog there’s so much dust blowing right now. Not just here. Everywhere I’ve been today. Everything is covered with a thick layer of dirt. Absolutely miserable day. Supposed to continue through tomorrow evening.
Yuck!

Did you move to New Mexico? That sounds like a Tuesday around here, or maybe one of the other days that end with y.

A quiet sunny day, supposed to be mid 80's tomorrow.

@Terri9630 @Pearl Here you ladies go...
"This house is clean!" Tangina aka Zelda Rubinstein - Poltergeist

(saw poltergeist last week...)

Tangina Zelda Rubinstein 1024 b01.jpeg

Latest posts

Back