Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plenty of rain last night. Started about 8pm and lasted to about 2am, probably about 1 1/2" according to the amount of water in the barrel. When the rain started I spread fertilizer on the flower beds and around the trees so it could be watered in during the night. The mulch and manure scattered about is helping but the native soil here has no nutrients so for a couple more years I will add fertilizer whenever we are supposed to get a decent rain fall.
Today will be sunny and about 60*.

Heavy rain. Lots of wind with this one. Surprised haven’t heard lightning and thunder yet. Hitting right about when I thought it would. Possibility of spin ups, wind damage, temps will probably drop 20 degrees.
I'm up Patch! WOW, temp went from 77 to 54 very quickly! Lightning after the gust front, little hail!!

Good batch of rain on the radar. Big north winds for a couple of days!
@Pearl sent us her leftovers.
2" of rain in 2 hours :oops:.
... so far.
Edit: 21,000 without power down south of us.

Last edited:
A couple hours ago the weather channel was reporting a tornado warning for somewhere in sought LA. Keep us posted @Supervisor42

The storms won't be here until late tomorrow. It's looking like the rough stuff will stay south of me.
There was a report by the weather service of a tornado on the ground near Lake Charles.
But if they can't pronounce the name of the small town nearby, they just point to a spot on the map.
There's even supposed to be enough of this left over for Florida to enjoy some tomorrow. :oops:

SuperV, Louisiana got hit hard again, how did you make out?
We did fine.
The low pressure is moving out so we got big winds today, I guess 35--40.
No idea on gusts, but the lid on everybody's garbage can is blown open (trash day):oops:.
Don't know how long before it rebalances. :(
Good thing we tied on the Halloween decorations real good:thumbs:.

The low pressure is moving out so we got big winds today, I guess 35--40.
No idea on gusts, but the lid on everybody's garbage can is blown open (trash day):oops:.
Don't know how long before it rebalances. :(
Just died down this evening. Good thing too...
Not quite 10:30pm and it is down to 43° here in my part of Texas! Brrrrrrr, going to be cold in the morning!
It's down to 54°F here and I'm ready to put on my long-johns!🥶
I want my 93° back!gaah

0it snow here in the high country, last evening , maybe 2 inches, it is above freezing now , prolly won,t be much left in an hour or 2

Next week it’ll warm up a little, @Pearl !
Guess it might be time to bring the houseplants inside for winter. A weather prediction was showing above normal temps for most of Texas through November. East Texas a bit cooler than normal.
I heard a robin yesterday. I guess she’s headed for south of the border.

Latest posts

Back