Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Summer's here and the time is right for dancin' in the street." Sunshine and temps in the high 90's all week.

I will admit. I prefer this to the cold.

Warm here this morning, gonna be another scorcher today, but we have rain in the forecast! A 30% chance tomorrow and Friday, here's hoping it materializes. I watered a little this morning just to keep things alive until the monsoon arrives. C'mon, monsoon! Sure wish the rain would get here! :confused:

Warm here this morning, gonna be another scorcher today, but we have rain in the forecast! A 30% chance tomorrow and Friday, here's hoping it materializes. I watered a little this morning just to keep things alive until the monsoon arrives. C'mon, monsoon! Sure wish the rain would get here! :confused:
Well we hit 97° today. (Thanks @Pearl !) :thumbs:
4 degrees above my 'ideal temp' but I still got my 1/4-mile walk in.:D
I'm hoping it will slow down the grass growing. DW has to mow every 5 days.gaah
100° forecast for Sunday :oops:.
And I now can look in a mirror and tell you why there are so many 'brown-people' out there.:rolleyes:
....I be one of 'em!:D

Last edited:
Pretty close to typical, oddly enough: 82° - 86°.
https://www.seatemperatu.re/seas-and-oceans/gulf-of-mexico/
When it gets above 90, we can make magic happen.:D
Thanks for the info an link, seems right on schedule... it takes a lot of heat to warm the gulf above 90. Keeps us posted so it don't sneak up on us though! In late July the gulf get very calm, looks glassy. That's when the heat gets going.

Sort of funny, one august we were hanging off a buoy by an oil rig, bout 50miles offshore. We decided to go for a swim, hung the ladder over the side. I jumped from the top of the wheel house (30ft). When I opened my eyes under water I was looking at a dozen sharks. They were hanging out in the shade under the ship. Scared the carp out of me! They must have been full, didn't approach me but they were all looking at me! Afterwards someone always climbed down the diving ladder and looked under the ship before a swim. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info an link, seems right on schedule... it takes a lot of heat to warm the gulf above 90. Keeps us posted so it don't sneak up on us though! In late July the gulf get very calm, looks glassy. That's when the heat gets going.

Sort of funny, one august we were hanging off a buoy by an oil rig, bout 50miles offshore. We decided to go for a swim, hung the ladder over the side. I jumped from the top of the wheel house (30ft). When I opened my eyes under water I was looking at a dozen sharks. They were hanging out in the shade under the ship. Scared the carp out of me! They must have been full, didn't approach me but they were all looking at me! Afterwards someone always climbed down the diving ladder and looked under the ship before a swim. :rolleyes:
Right now we inland people are hogging up the high temps. (you, me, @Pearl , and others).
And thank you for mentioning: "stay hydrated".
If the humidity is high, you can be in a 20mph breeze and still fry if the temps are high.
Don't think fluids are important?
Drain the coolant out of your vehicle's radiator and lemme know. :oops:
<sorry, soapbox got me:confused:>

It's been nuts here. A couple weeks of 70s, cloudy, dry. Then all of sudden we hit 94 and humid. I 'bout died, I can't handle the heat, never could, but it's worse when it hits sudden like that. Then a small, vicious storm came through, knocked the power out to the whole county and took out one of my trees. Thankfully it missed the shop building, sadly it landed on my 100 year old lilac bush. Got the generator running so I had water and the fridge/freezers were ok but the gas is so damned expensive! Out of power about 24 hours. Now today the heat has left off but the winds are just crazy blustery and all the neighbor's topsoil is flying through the air. It looks like a dust bowl out there, rather eerie.

I would love for it to rain here. It is 95 at 8:45, sun set a few minutes ago. The air pollution the past month or so has been bad, I've never seen it like this. Maybe smoke coming from NM, maybe traffic pollution. Usually it didn't come out this direction. :(
Sahara Desert dust too!!

Got a couple of good downpours, getting one now!! Was in the pool for a couple of them, then it thundered! A neighbor a mile to my west texted, she got over a 1/2" of rain!! Cooled it off, down near 80° but really humid!!
Yeah, we hit 98° today. We be growin' grass! :thumbs:
Got 1.12" of rain a few days ago and there are still soggy spots in the lawn.
Lots of sun + plenty of rain = Super has his hands full keeping that dang mower going. gaah

Yeah, we hit 98° today. We be growin' grass! :thumbs:
Got 1.12" of rain a few days ago and there are still soggy spots in the lawn.
Lots of sun + plenty of rain = Super has his hands full keeping that dang mower going. gaah
That's what I was thinking. We were all nice and brown and dusty, a little rain will equal a bunch of mowing. Will bring out the fire ants and mosquitos too!! Sure didn't get enough rain to be a drought buster!

That's what I was thinking. We were all nice and brown and dusty, a little rain will equal a bunch of mowing. Will bring out the fire ants and mosquitos too!! Sure didn't get enough rain to be a drought buster!
Our lawn looks fabulous! :woo hoo:
Though, sometimes we are guilty of watering it too much:rolleyes::
IMG_20210703_154428.jpg

We didn't get the memo from California about how everybody needs to conserve water to help them out.:confused:

90 and dry today. A little less humid
We been hanging out with @Pearl too much. :confused:
98° - 102° for us for the next 5 days.gaah
Did someone order us "Extra-Crispy"? :dunno:

Latest posts

Back