Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i feel for you guys. this heat dome stuff is terrible.i grew up in the south and lived in the carribean--but i dont do hot weather well. id rather be cold and doing things to get warmer than be hot and doing things to try to cool down. prayers for yall
I LOVE it!!

@jazzy the humidity level is the worst in the U.S. south, east Texas and coastal Texas. Out our way, mine and Pearl’s, not as bad. People like to complain about it and it’s not even that bad, but 80% humidity is a killer.
I liken that to getting out of the shower and not being able to dry off.
Can I tell you a funny? (Too bad, I'm tellin' 😂 )
I had a friend who grew up in FL way back when. She is now gone. She said back then, the nylons (pantyhose) had the seam up the back of the leg. When you woke, the first thing you did was put your nylons on before it got too humid or the line would be all crooked and that was a fashion faux pas. Thank you for reminding me of this. I loved hearing her tell me.

We hit 100° now! :woo hoo:@Pearl delivers!
The good news: only 45% humidity! :)
If we had it last week when it was 85%, it would be um, hellish. (bad pun:rolleyes:)

Edit: Oh did I mention that we like to change our weather as fast as grandma can change channels with the TV remote?
Just 30 minutes later, it's 92.3° and 58% humidity :oops:.

Last edited:
We hit 100° now! :woo hoo:@Pearl delivers!
The good news: only 45% humidity! :)
If we had it last week when it was 85%, it would be um, hellish. (bad pun:rolleyes:)

Edit: Oh did I mention that we like to change our weather as fast as grandma can change channels with the TV remote?
Just 30 minutes later, it's 92.3° and 58% humidity :oops:.
We hit 104°, then some clouds, 98°! Was kind of a cool day!!🤔

Too dang hot, need rain bad, watering the garden, but needs good soaking rain ☔
Me too! We had a short rain shower yesterday, but not enough.
99-100 real temp. today through Sunday. Then hopefully cool off to the mid 90's

Hot here, but I see clouds massing on the southeastern horizon, and to the east over the mountains... hopefully we get more rain tonight, I'll take all I can get. It sucks, having to catch up to this ongoing drought... I wish Noah's Flood would pour down and soak this ground for real. :rolleyes:

Um... do you have a big boat? You need to be careful what you ask for.

Hot today, hit 88. I know that's not what some of y'all are getting but this Yankee ain't built for heat. Sun beating down like an anvil, I can feel it's weight on my head and shoulders. But I've got my little frame pool going, so did my usual chore/swim/chore/swim routine. If I don't get my core temp down I get very sick rather quickly. So I can work only so long then when I start seeing spots and breathing hard I gets myself in the pool. Once I cool off, back to work. Rinse and repeat. Sometimes I imagine I can hear the hiss of steam as my overheated body hits the pool water.

Yes our cold front, actually I think the forecast changed. Might not be until Tuesday with 89* for the high. Brrr. Tomorrow, Saturday, 104. Cha cha cha always a few degrees warmer over @Pearl ’s. 🤭
It's neat how Dallas/Ft.Worth is considered a "heat island"! Because their nighttime temp doesn't drop, all the pavement. But the further west you go the hotter the daytime temps are!

I've never heard anyone use "cozy" and "hot" in the same sentence before. I don't think it's a possibility.....to me it sounds like using "honest" and "politician" in the same sentence. Jes' doesn't work! :)

Had a surprise thunderstorm with dangerous CTG (cloud to ground) lightening today.
One hit was so close (I happened to be outside and saw it :oops:), it caused our power to go off for a second or 2 as our grid did the "duck and cover" thing.
Very rare.
Only enough rain to guarantee that we will have to mow again in 4 days:mad:.
DW mowed just today.:(
How much does it cost to get a good drought delivered anyway?:dunno:

Had a surprise thunderstorm with dangerous CTG (cloud to ground) lightening today.
One hit was so close (I happened to be outside and saw it :oops:), it caused our power to go off for a second or 2 as our grid did the "duck and cover" thing.
Very rare.
Only enough rain to guarantee that we will have to mow again in 4 days:mad:.
DW mowed just today.:(
How much does it cost to get a good drought delivered anyway?:dunno:
I have some drought for sale😁! Hardly mowed this year! Of course the fire thing is pretty scarey!! I really wondered the past two wetter summers if I'd live through mowing!!!

Back