Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now we have a wind chill of minus 10 below. the winds are supposed die down today some time then we'll only have single digits lol

Today it was in the 60's. The bottom has fallen out of the temperature in the last 2 hours. The first drops of rain have started to fall. Thankfully, there are also a few flecks of snow mixed in...

This means no ice storm! At least not a major one! Fingers crossed! ;)

Lots of heavy snow today, starting I don't know when in the night. It hadn't started when I went to bed last night, but it was coming down when I got up about 6:30 this morning. Daughter flew out for work this morning and I drove to get her dog. What was normally a 20 minute trip took me more than an hour. People were getting stuck going up small hills. Some people think it is okay to pull into an intersection and wait, blocking other traffic. I sat through one light through many rotations. Two vehicles were spread far enough apart that they blocked the intersection. I finally rolled down my window and told them to pull up. Then a whole bunch of us could go. What is wrong with people? I think we got 7 inches. Took me another hour to get home with the dog. By the afternoon, the snow had melted on the roads and it was easy to get around.

The weather here turned out to be a big nothing burger! A couple of light snow flurries during the night, no accumulation and no ice! Sort of funny, a state of emergency was declared, hundreds of state trucks loaded with sand. 1000's of schools and businesses closed... for nothing!

The weather here turned out to be a big nothing burger! A couple of light snow flurries during the night, no accumulation and no ice! Sort of funny, a state of emergency was declared, hundreds of state trucks loaded with sand. 1000's of schools and businesses closed... for nothing!
That's better than the alternative.

Latest posts

Back