Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really enjoy reading this thread everyday. I'm a weather junkie and like seeing everyones reports. Mo, yours are awesome. Lots of details. Do you have a weather station where you live?

I am a member of:
www.CoCoRahs.org
and submit a report daily of rainfall totals and snowfall when we get it. Hail reports as well. l have done this for years now. The system in nationwide, including Canada. Last time I noticed they had well over 10,000 folks reporting daily. Hurricanes hitting an area are facinating to see the rainfall totals in a 24 hour period. Let me know if anyone is interested in getting involved from your location. The information taken is used by many agencies, National Weather Service being first and foremost.
No weather station, sorry.
I just go outside with Strawberry, my phone adjusts according.
Weather app on phone

25*
Feels like 21*
Supposed to get 29*
Cloudy
Wind 3 mph ENE
10 mile visibility
80% humidity
3 Moderate UV index
Barometric pressure holding steady at 30.04
19* dew point
80% chance of snow, yea haw!
Freezing rain about 6 pm
Crap this is date night.

We are getting a late winter thanks to the "polar vortex". The temps are in the teens to low twenties F and we got two inches of snow yesterday and overnight when they were predicting one. There are two days coming up that they are predicting three inches for each and three days with predictions of one inch for each. The temps are projected to stay well below freezing for the next two weeks at least. Yesterday I made a quick trip into town to refill prescriptions to stay ahead. We are, as always, set for food and drink and shoveling the snow is good exercise but not the kind I typically enjoy. I am going to throw 4 studded snow tires on the wife's car so if she decides to get out she will be set. I won't put snow tires on my car - so far I don't need them. This two week stretch will maybe make up for the lack of snow pack in the mountains that we need to keep the water table from dropping. I like the four seasons we have here and it is nice to have a little snow each year. Before long spring will pass and it will be hot again. Just the cycles of nature as they should be.

65 degrees!! partly cloudy. absolutely beautiful weather before the rain comes tomorrow

Well the weather guessers were pretty much correct.
We have more snow than I have seen in a couple of years. About 6" and still snowing.
I still didn't get my snowblower out tho. I don't really have much of a path to clear so 15 minutes with my snow shovel did the job. It would have taken longer to get the blower out, gassed up, and running. If it will even run after 2 years sitting. I did drain the gas out and ran it till it stopped so I hope it's OK.

Update.
More snow is forecast for next week.
I got my tractor and snowblower out of the barn. Both started with no problems.
I guess it pays to store equipment properly.
I didn't use the tractor but I did clear the driveway and some of the yard, for the dogs.

Last edited:
25*
Feels like 16*
Wind 8 mph NNE
10 mile visibility
86% humidity
UV Index low 1
Barometric pressure 29.97
Dew Point 21*
30% precipation next hour
Freezing drizzle to intensify this evening
Freezing rain and freezing drizzle expected
Total Ice accumulations possibly 1 to 2 tenths of Inch .
2/10 of ice is expected from East Central Kansas, through Northwestern Missouri.(me) .
Winter Weather Advisory has been issued.
I'm staying home.
Expect longer commutes through the rest of the week.
Hopefully playdate will be cancelled.
My son doesn't like to get grand daughter out in hazardous road conditions.
Idiot cousin will probably show up anyway.

its 52 and cloudy with a real light rain falling right now. has been all day mostly but its supposed to taper off by tomorrow.
"they" are still saying something frozen will happen by monday. we'll see

25*
Feels like 16*
Wind 8 mph NNE
10 mile visibility
86% humidity
UV Index low 1
Barometric pressure 29.97
Dew Point 21*
30% precipation next hour
Freezing drizzle to intensify this evening
Freezing rain and freezing drizzle expected
Total Ice accumulations possibly 1 to 2 tenths of Inch .
2/10 of ice is expected from East Central Kansas, through Northwestern Missouri.(me) .
Winter Weather Advisory has been issued.
I'm staying home.
Expect longer commutes through the rest of the week.
Hopefully playdate will be cancelled.
My son doesn't like to get grand daughter out in hazardous road conditions.
Idiot cousin will probably show up anyway.
I have a Grandson in Knob Noster, and he said he has had enough winter already.
Sounds like he's going to get more.

I am in ND. Right now. 3.2f feels like -16.6f. Rather way it's a bit chilly. Lol

Screenshot_20190206-172531_Weather.jpg

14*
Light snow on top of ice
Feels like -2*
Wind 16mph NW
5 mile visibility
79% humidity
UV Index 1 low
Barometric pressure rising @ 30.02
Dew Point 9*
60% chance of snow in the next hour
No Mail, trash pickup till Friday or Saturday.
State Patrol says stay home
High today might reach 20*
Ice Storm warning in effect
Expecting potential power outages, tree damage
Wind gusts as high as 35mph today.
Portions of East central and Northwest Kansas and Central, North Central, Northeast, northwest and Central Missouri
Missouri is pretty much shut down.
Snow accumulations up to 1.5 inches
Travel could be nearly impossible
Hazardous conditions for morning and evening commutes.
Stay safe folks.

It's now 6:26 pm
16 *
Clear
Feels like 1*
Wind 14 mph WNW
10 mile visibility
57% humidity
Barometric pressure 30.30
Dew point 3*
Low will be 10* tonight
Little Strawberry, broke her lead this afternoon.
I spent 2 hours out in cold while she ran around like a chicken with no head.
Rolling around in the snow and ice.
Not crazy weather live in tornado alley this is pretty normal about every 5 years.
We've had Ice Storms in June, 7 years ago.
This will be moving toward the east coast this weekend.
Got water dripping to keep pipes from freezing.
Everybody stay warm, dry.

We're in a transition. It was warm this morning but now the front is moving in from the west bringing cold weather. Its supposed to drop 40 degrees today and overnight and be in the 20's tomorrow morning.
the sun is shinning but the wind is gusting to 30mph.
The weather folks are calling for snow late sunday into tuesday with 4-8 inches possible . Turning to ice tuesday morning. So its gonna get nasty in a few days lol

Latest posts

Back