Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a balmy 66* right now with 100% chance of rain.
Low tonight will be 56*, wind is out of the S 16 mph.
Thursday will be in 57* high low will be 37*.
With wind out of the NW 14 mph, 100% chance of rain.
Friday- high will be 38* low 31*, 30% chance of rain.
Wind out of the North 2 mph.
Saturday high 42* low 28*.
30% chance of freezing rain, wind out of the North 1 mph.
Sunday we start to warm back up with highs 49* lows 29*.
No rain, mostly clear, wind WSW 2 mph.

Sidewalk and all was a lil wet at 6:30 this morning.from a small amount of rain.been complete over cast all day.it's now 73F but muggy.but yet it's nice out.so the frontdoor and kitchen window is open.and ac is turned off.and it look's like we're in for scattered shower's between now and tomorrow evening.

Saturday will be partly cloudy.
High 44* low 32*
Wind out of W 4 mph.
Sunday will be partly cloudy.
High 53* low 31*
Wind out of W 2 mph.
Monday will be partly cloudy.
High 53* low 35*
Wind will be out WSW at 1 mph.
Tuesday will be Rain showers.
High will be 46* low 37*.
50% chance of rain.
Wind NNW 4 mph.
Wednesday Partly cloudy.
High 45* low 33*
Winds out of E 2mph.
Thursday will be rain showers.
High 44* low 32*.
50% chance of rain.

At noon it was 60, drizzling rain and starting to fog up... By dark it was 50, the fog was like a thick soup, barely see to drive when I went to dinner.

Foggy 1.JPG

I am not sure how much snow I have. I am going to go out and start shoveling shortly. Maybe a foot? It is still snowing and currently 22 degrees.

Evidently up by the Wyoming state line people have around 30 inches, and it is still snowing. Almost everything is shut down today. About 1/3 of flights at DIA are cancelled. I suspect that many people are not going to make it home for Thanksgiving.

SE Boulder 18 inches. Totals are currently 11 to 30 inches, depending on where you are.

Yesterday, depending upon whose reports you were listening to, the predictions were 6 to 12 inches, then updated up to 18 inches.

The roads are bad and people are being advised to stay off of them. I-70 has a rock slide west by Idaho Springs. Traffic will be closed west bound at least most of the day, and there may be more rock slides. People going west are being majorly impacted as the alternative routes could be worse.

The evening news last night had a few listings for who and what was going to be closed today. Several places listed a 2 hour delay. Well heck, why not close all the schools in advance? Oh no, this storm might not happen?!?!

Denver Public Schools has finally wised up and decided this was a week to be closed for the first time ever. Yes. Many years there was school through Wednesday. And then who can go anywhere? Few! Colorado has many people who are not native to the area. Other schools have started being closed this week, but just a few others. When I was teaching and there was school this week, there would be only about half of the students present. Many people had wised up and decided to take the week off and go wherever they were going and making the most of their travels. Parents who are not leaving to go elsewhere, do need life to go on as usual for childcare purposes. Denver Public Schools has been one district who has not done a fall break, while many others have and do. Why not give everyone the week off? Childcare! The other thing is that hourly workers are impacted financially, especially with Christmas next month.

Oh wait, this is the weather page, not the rant!

We go maybe a 10" to a foot of snow, but drifts to three feet against the cars in the driveway. Yeuch!
I got my 2 feet...
...walking thru wet leaves that have fallen, enjoying temps in the mid 70's:D.

Latest posts

Back