Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
weather for my area for the next couple of days. little bit of snow ( 1-2 inches) and then ice(ugh)

Opera Snapshot_2019-12-10_084244_forecast.weather.gov.png

It's 43F feels like 31F it has been raining off n on since sometime last night.

now here's one reason I'm a prepper.there was 2 little power surges. then the power went off for approximately 7 to 8 minutes.first thought was use my clip on pocket flashhlight to locate a brighter flashlight. in which I'm thinking.oil lamps for heat and light if needed.went outside to go over n check on next door neighbor. talked with a diff neighbor rather briefly.went back in and got out my battery operated lantern n turned it on.the lights came back on a short time later.plus im making sure ALL rechargeable battries are up to date n charged.

2.24 inches of rain over night. Winter has arrived... 70 degrees one day... 36 degrees and raining the next.

View attachment 30999
Ours hit early this morning.
First the rain then the wind and falling temps. 59° when I got up, 54° now:(.
The wind is about 30mph blowing everybody's pretty Christmas decorations to pieces:confused:.
Welcome back winter!:rolleyes:

We are getting our first real Winter storm. I think they are predicting from 2" to 8" depending on where you live. Temps are in the 20's. Supposed to clear tomorrow.

2152hrs... The tornado weather passed me by... just heavy rains and winds here. 2 fatalities north of me up in Lawrence county (Bama/TN state line).

There has been a tornado on the ground for the past 1.5 hours south of me, no reports on damage or fatalities for those folks yet, fingers crossed.

Edit at 2302hrs... Western edge of the state has been cleared of all watches and warnings by the NWS... Just guessing... front will get to Timmie between 2 and 4am... Fingers crossed...

Last edited:
@Angie Hope you are in a safe place... I just saw a tornado warning flash across the tv! It's headed for Muscle Shoals...

The Huntsville tv stations will be broadcasting the info...

It was a very interesting evening. Mom and I were safe, though she drove me mad as she did not want to leave home and go to a safer place. Fortunately, we only had a bit of straight line strong winds for a few minutes. We did have carport blow into some electrical lines, and a house had a tree fall down in the middle of it causing damage. I'm not sure what all over in Decatur AL.
Thanks for thinking of me.

A light drizzle started about 3pm. Predicted to continue until tomorrow when heavier rains roll in. Temps mild, mid 40's.

It's been drizzling rain since last night, off and on. I'm under a tornado watch at the moment. The storms are coming out of the southwest, the most dangerous kind, produce the biggest, longest lasting tornadoes. So my evening is up in the air. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Added up my year end rain totals for 2019. The yearly average is 52 inches. I started keeping records last Apr. Since then I got 44.112 inches. A good year with plenty of rain, just at the wrong times for the garden... :(

I got mine totaled today. We had 69.53" for 2019. Normal average for here is around 50" or so. Bad thing is we had 2-3 pretty long stretches with no rain. Feburary had 13.64", our wettest of the year.
I decided today to build a spreadsheet and keep more available data for the year.

cold, snowing. 2-4 inches. schools letting out early over the area. heaviest snow between 1-4pm

Latest posts

Back