Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just spent the early morning hours shoveling some snow so I could get from the house to the shop and back without tracking snow into the house. We won't be getting much in the next few days and the sun will help warm the ground and concrete back up to dry it out.

Well, it wasn't supposed to but it started snowing again. It looks like I am trapped in my shop and house with nothing to do but cook and reload.
Oh, the inhumanity of it! :rolleyes::p;)

Just after I got the area around the house cleaned it started to snow again. :(
It won't be bad warmer temps are on the way and it is hard for it to snow when temps are in the 40s.

We are waiting for the other shoe to drop. Supposed to start in another hour or so, and get very, very bad. Winter mix I think is what they call it; Rain, Snow, and Ice. Not sure what order they come, but you get all three. Got to work no problem. Getting home may be another story.

Temps this weekend are supposed to be single digit.

We are waiting for the other shoe to drop. Supposed to start in another hour or so, and get very, very bad. Winter mix I think is what they call it; Rain, Snow, and Ice. Not sure what order they come, but you get all three. Got to work no problem. Getting home may be another story.

Temps this weekend are supposed to be single digit.

This is what we're getting starting around 2 am saturday morning the "experts" say. Supposed to last all day
7:30 am and the grocery store started filling up today. they act like theres a blizzard coming

Winter Weather Advisory has been issued 16 January at 947 pm. til 17 January @6 pm. CST by NWS Kansas City.
Winter Storm expected tonight- Saturday Morning
A mixture of snow, sleet and freezing rain will be overspread of the region from south to north as a strong storm system
approaches the region.This will impact the Friday morning commute across the area as a brief round of snow quickly transitions to sleet, and freezing rain
beginning Friday morning extending into the afternoon.
Freezing rain will later transition into rain in the late afternoon and early evening for most area.
Most through roadways during the evening commute will be slick.
Further north cold air will linger longer into the day and transition to rain will occur much later in day.
Mixed precipitations expected: Total snow accumulations of 1-3 inches and ice accumulations of one tenth of an inch.
Where portions of East central and Northwest Kansas, Northwest and West central Missouri.
Impacts power outages, tree damage are possible due to the ice. Travel could be nearly impossible. hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening commutes.
Yep this my area.

Nope! no weather here. Temps are just above average, the winds are calm, since the sun set the temps are dropping but no ice.
That may not qualify as "no weather" but it is better than bad or extreme weather.

I can take this everyday....

IMG_20200202_151442978.jpg

Except it ain't raining...sun is out and glorious.

Jim

Super Bowl Sunday was gorgeous. Sunny. Temps in the 60's. Now we are waiting for the other shoe to drop. Cloudy. Temps are falling. They say 100% chance of snow tomorrow. Depends on how the storm tracks. We could get a dusting or it could be significant. Fingers crossed.

West KY is again setting records for rainfall.
It's been pouring all day and last night.
4"

I need a break .
Temps will be falling tonight , it's 60 deg now.
Cold rest of week.
Not that I know anything about rainfall in Kentucky:rolleyes::LOL:but you know you're supposed to be sending any excess to California, right?
They are constantly rationing water out there:(.
...and we should all have low-flow toilets to help out with their 'cause' ;).
On topic: Great weather down here. Not supposed to get cold until Thursday and only for one day before it's back into the 70's:woo hoo:

Latest posts

Back