Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is supposed to be near normal temps here with modest rainfall. It happens every year so I am ready for it.
Hot chocolate, cookies, and a good woman...
My diet excludes the chocolate and cookies but the good woman part...

It's February, today was a gray bucket of suck, right now, 41 and raining for the 15th hour. Ah well, Embrace The Suck, spring is coming :

iu

It has warmed up a little. The television is saying it was 2 degrees earlier, but my phone said 7 degrees. Now it is 10 degrees. The prediction is a high of 30 degrees today. I have two dog park visits today. I already have an added layer, but I know our visits will not be as long as they are on warmer days.

I am enjoying the early spring / end of winter weather. There will be plenty of time for summer.

Been in the 60's all week. today 64 and started dropping, it was 50 on my way home and headed down near freezing tonight.
Rainfall for the last couple days.
.64" recorded yesterday
4.72" (YES 4.72") this morning
Had .25" in the gauge when I got home.

Lots of flooding in the area. One lady got killed when a falling tree hit the van she was in, sent 4 other to the hospital.

Currently 25 degrees out. It has been snowing since last evening. News says 5 inches so far. I have shoveled and went to feed and let out a couple dogs. Roads are slick but I have driven on worse. It is supposed to snow through the day. All the large school districts are closed today and that means that many other places are closed as well.

Flooding all around. Had to come home the long trafficey way :confused:. Up the mountain, the river is flooded. Last word was that the house and shop were still safe but the yard was under water. Power and phones are out. Rock slides, road missing in places, bridges completely gone. Haven't been able to get ahold of anyone up there but am at least comforted by the fact that they will watch out for and help each other.

2+ inches of rain so far today, another inch expected over night. The weather man thinks there will be another 4 to 7 inches tomorrow and Wednesday, especially Wednesday afternoon and night. 100's of schools closed in this part of the state due to flash flood concerns. The ground was already saturated from the 4 inches last week... no where for all that water to go.

Heard my nephew, who works for the county, is working tonight rebuilding a washed out road to a small community. If county road crews are working in the middle of the night I know it's serious.

I'm running the sump pump manually tonight. I don't want a replay of last October.

Temps are mild, currently 60 degrees...

The ducks are still on strike from last week, next they'll hold sit ins or hunger strikes. :rolleyes:

We have been very lucky dodging bullets all Winter. Next big storm is supposed to hit tomorrow with the temperature dropping. We will see what we get. Single digits Thursday and Friday.

Latest posts

Back