Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I'm out of the woods but not out of the wet. The warm front never made it as far north as Tuscaloosa but for a very short time. It's now drifting/being pushed back south.

So... no threat of nadoes for the rest of the evening. Just a lot more rain through the night, clearing by morning.

A couple of drops of rain early but now the sun is out. Supposed to start raining about 15hrs, sometime after midnight.

@Peanut,
The last time I remember this much constant rain was 2001.
It is so wet here, ground has been saturated all this year.

I think it brought an unusual , and early Spring growth of everything.

We're like 3 weeks ahead in vegetation growth.

Crazy

Jim

It's after midnight... just checked the weather radars. There is a big line of thunderstorms headed this way. Still in Arkansas, about ready to cross the mississippi river. Should get here about daylight. The real storms won't be here until after lunch but it looks like the really bad stuff will be in south alabama.

As of 5 am 4/29/2020

Thunder and lightening. The way you love me is frightening .. Mmmmm. Mmmmm Dee ded dee

weather.png

We are in the same weather band. Yesterday was beautiful, and warm. I think in the 80's. Late afternoon it got ugly. We missed the tornadoes, but lots of rain. Did I say lots of rain? I think there is a Jewish guy down the street building a boat. More rain today. Sump Pump cycles about once a minute. As long as we have power it we are O.K.

Absolutely beautiful! I've had the window open in the bedroom at night - just an inch or two for fresh air. But it's not freezing:)

Our mornings are also beautiful and nice ans cool as are our nights. We could use som rain but at least the hot weather of last several weeks cooled off some.

Predicted to be this way for next several days only day temps to warm up into the low 90s by middle of next week.

80 degrees is the normal daytime temp here in early May. Today's high was 61. It rained mid-morning through early afternoon, 1/2 inch total.

Supposed to go down to 40 degrees tonight... 36 tomorrow night. Coldest early May temps I can remember.

I did need the rain though, just enough to plant the rest of the garden, maybe sunday.

Here in Florida we are having some beautiful weather,sunny and cool for this time of year.Great cool nights and mornings, but the party will be over Wednesday,back up in the high 80s and lows in the low to mid 60s.

Cold here today. Wind chill is 30 degrees and snow flurries are falling
Another freeze warning again tonight
Supposed to be mid 50's until the middle of the week and then mid 60's
Calling for 83 on friday but I'm not holding my breath lol

In the 40s today, and too damn windy. This is May, not March. The sag in the jet stream won't git until the weekend.
We hit 92° today!:woo hoo:
You know what else happened? Every outside surface was sterilized in minutes.
Every flu virus exhaled is vaporized within seconds.
Pretty soon the panic-media will be left with only covering outbreaks in Siberia.

We hit 92° today!:woo hoo:
You know what else happened? Every outside surface was sterilized in minutes.
Every flu virus exhaled is vaporized within seconds.
Pretty soon the panic-media will be left with only covering outbreaks in Siberia.
Looks like you've got hold of some bad data there, Supe. Pretty sure it doesn't work like that, quite.

The virus particles don't vaporize, the moisture they are embedded in evaporates. That's what turns the particle into an aerosol, so it can float indefinitely. The UV in direct sunlight will destroy it eventually, but not in seconds. It gets to float along for several minutes first.

That's the story I get.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back