Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on if it stalls in the gulf and for how long. Too early in the year to get much above a cat-2.
Not so much high winds but big rains, (flooding likely on the right hand side of it). It has spent the last few days drowning Mexicans in the Yucatan peninsula however, (not on the news:rolleyes:).

I was thinking on this yesterday... a nasty flu season, then covid, then riots... now hurricane season is here! Yippee! The fun just isn't going to stop this year!

I just got a new 8KW generac generator and all my gas cans are full. I still have one large pkg of TP and two of paper towels unopened in regular storage from before covid started.

I got a late afternoon thunderstorm today, maybe a 1/4 inch of rain, just enough to keep me out of the garden tomorrow.

Cool today and some rain again. I can't paint in the rain so I spent yesterday building a set of test loads for my 257 Roberts.
New 7x57 brass, sized and necked down to 257. The loads are 5 each in 0.1 grain intervals from 47.5 to 50 grains of H110.
The next rain free day I will be shooting them with my chronograph recording the data while I wait for the house to dry out.
We are told that there will be snow in the mountains next week and it might be enough to accumulate. That means floods later in the low areas.
I'm not in the flood zones but I have friends that are. Snow in June? Is this the first summer of the "little" ice age???

Microburst yesterday, strong wind gusts, a little hail and a torrent of rain for about 5 to 10 minutes. The wind came up and blew the rug off my front porch and knocked some small dead branches out of trees. One potato plant in a bucket was broken, one tomato plant knocked over, but okay. Some trees in my area were ripped out of the ground. One tree knocked a hole in someone's roof and power was out to some.

It is supposed to be windy this afternoon, with a high of 90 degrees. It has been a cool morning.

90/70% here again today. Just nasty out. Sucks the life right outta me after a few hours. I do make it a point to stay hydrated well. But gotta stop and come in the house a few times thru the day and cool down.
Sucks getting old. I recall working in the hay all day, barn would be 120+ at times. Take a drink a few times thru the day and a nice break for lunch. No way I can do that now.

Beautiful day today.
I broke out the generator this morning and replaced the entire fuel system (tank to engine).
Load tested it with a 1500 watt load. 118vac loaded, 122vac no-load. Pass.

Looks like we're going to have some weather sunday-monday. [yawn]
@Peanut needs to be on high-ground.
Well, this was a giant nothing-sandwich for us
go crazy.gif
.1" of rain and some wind approaching maaaybe 30MPH.
Like the lady that sang "Did I shave my legs for this".

Dismal dissappointment.
I think I'm going to file for a refund from Amazon (since everything comes from Amazon, right?).
I can't believe I fixed the dam generator for this
brickwall100.gif

Last edited:
I haven't looked for news about the storm...was it a hurricane or what?
It never got above 'tropical storm' even when it was down in Mexico or crossing the gulf.
What little tiny bit that is leftover is in Wisconsin, vanishing fast.
When it went over us my barometer read 993, today it is at 1016.

Back