Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where you at Lingr? They say the panhandle here in Florida could get snow again tomorrow....

Another night of MINUS tonight and morning, High of 23 tomorrow, then a BIG warm up, 40s Thur, 50s Fri and 60s Sat & Sun. the snow MIGHT melt by sunday.

It's about 36* here near Houston. Low temp tonight, 26*.
We've had sleet the last couple of days. Yesterday the temp was never above freezing so we have ICE on the overpasses.
No more ice falling from the sky now. All roads should be ice free by tomorrow.

Lots of crashes because of the ice WE/THEY DON'T KNOW how to deal with around here.
The Houston police chief had to go on TV to tell people not to go around a police car (w/lights flashing) blocking an on ramp... :ROLF:
He also said DON'T PASS A POLICE CAR when they're driving slow, on ice, with lights flashing...
We got a good laugh at what people have to be told... :lol:

Only goin down to 14 tonight. Then a string of lows above freezing. My son has over 8" in NC, just above Durham, with deep drifts by high winds. thats the mess that went thru here a couple days ago, looks like it got worse as it went East.

I can't believe it they get a little snow & ice in N.C. , the WHOLE state is under a State of Emergency !............

I lived there for 20+ years. they dont have ANY snow/ice removal equipment. Its a rare event for snow/ice in the eastern half of the state. Not $$ wise to maintain the equipment for a one time use in a long period of non use.

Gosh! After looking at Lingr's back yard, I'm ready to break out the Bermuda shorts at my place. It's overcast, windy, and raining, with 50F temp.

We had a cold snap today and yesterday where we got freezing rain. My car was completely iced over and thawed out in the late afternoon. It got low as 21F with a high of 30F.

A lot of places were closed yesterday because of icy roads. 140 wrecks were reported by the police.

23 here the morning. 15 wind chill. They closed the Vets highway in Tampa to put sand on black ice:eek::eek::eek:. Damn....

Yesterday at 9 AM = 4

Today at 9 AM = 24

Not really warm, but much better.

9A5B9E31-BB05-4AB7-93D0-4CB386621E67.jpeg

It was 28 at 0830....I WENT OUTSIDE ..... :wink: Went all the way into town. Roads are clear, sun is out, birds and squirrels are out. Who knows what else I will do the next 4-5 days ??

It's 38 degrees right now, they are talking like we might make 50 or better today here in N. Missouri !.................

46 degrees at 3:50 AM headed toward an unseasonable 68 this afternoon. Downside is the accompanying 25 to 35 mph strong winds with gusts over 40 mph. NWS has issued a fire weather warning for most of the day. No shooting again today.

50 at 0640. Gonna be stronger winds than last couple of days. In the 60s for a high. Think I will get a haircut today. Its touching my ears and I cant stand that, feels like bugs crawling on me.

Got a little snow squall come through this morning...high winds...lots of powder that blew away before it landed and stuck.

Just gusty winds now...25 degrees with a wind chill makes it feel like 13 degrees...

I've had it with this winter...

Got a little snow squall come through this morning...high winds...lots of powder that blew away before it landed and stuck.

Just gusty winds now...25 degrees with a wind chill makes it feel like 13 degrees...

I've had it with this winter...
Meanwhile in Australia, (where I wish I still was) warm and breezy....
XSydneyWeather.JPG

frown.gif

Latest posts

Back