Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's here! It's here!
20201017_070630.jpg

Yep! the farmers are putting in winter wheat just south of me. I guess they are hoping for snow before it gets too cold.
We aren't getting into freezing temps yet but it won't be long.

It got down to 12 degrees this morning. We got a few extra weeks of fall this year, but I think the fall has officially surrendered to winter. Bring it!

The mid west is in for their first "winter storm" of the season. I don't know if it will last but it going to be a good reminder that nature doesn't give a hoot about global warming.

Three grass fires in my county in Missouri. Biggest 500-1000 acres. Most of the firefighters are volunteer. We have 50 mph winds.
one conservation area is completely gone.

• Still warm days,cool nights.

• Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 83. Northeast wind 11 to 14 mph.

Mostly Sunny
    High: 83 °F
  • Tonight

Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67. Northeast wind 6 to 10 mph.

Mostly Cloudy
    Low: 67 °F
  • Monday

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 86. Northeast wind 6 to 14 mph.

Mostly Sunny
    High: 86 °F
  • Monday
    Night
    Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 68. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.

Partly Cloudy
    Low: 68 °F
  • Tuesday

Tuesday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm.  Mostly sunny, with a high near 85. East wind 5 to 11 mph.

Mostly Sunny
    then Slight
    Chance
    T-storms
    High: 85 °F
  • Tuesday
    Night
    Tuesday Night: A 10 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8pm.  Mostly cloudy, with a low around 69.

Slight Chance
    T-storms then
    Mostly Cloudy
    Low: 69 °F
  • Wednesday

Wednesday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms.  Partly sunny, with a high near 85.

Chance
    Showers
    High: 85 °F
  • Wednesday
    Night
    Wednesday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers.  Partly cloudy, with a low around 69.

We had a total of 11 grass fires in the county. (our county is only 20 miles wide each direction) I have a tree to clean up after the 50 mph winds. Just barely missed the cars.

May see 79 next week

Sunday
Widespread fog, mainly between 7am and 8am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 86. Light northeast wind.
Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 68. Light east wind.
Monday
Sunny, with a high near 87. East wind 3 to 6 mph.
Monday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 70.
Tuesday
A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 87.
Tuesday Night
A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 70.
Wednesday
A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 86.
Wednesday Night
A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 70.
Thursday
A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 85.
Thursday Night
A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 67.
Friday
A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 79.

Yeah! The first winter storm approaches! It just started snowing. Looking forward to hunkering down all winter! If the world goes to crap this winter, you can tell me all about it next spring!

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY
Issue Date:4:18 AM Sun, Oct 25, 2020
Expiration:6:00 PM Mon, Oct 26, 2020...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS
EVENING TO 6 PM AKDT MONDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 12
inches, with local amounts up to 16 inches along the edited for OPSEC.

* WHERE...Edited for OPSEC.

* WHEN...From 6 PM Sunday to 6 PM AKDT Monday.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult.

Slow down and use caution while traveling.

Snowing supposed to get about 1 -2 inches.
We will see.
90% chance of snow
32*
Winter weather advisory in effect:
4 am Monday to 1 am Tuesday.
Hard freeze expected too.
Wind out of the North 8 MPH.
80% humidity.
Just think Thursday last week was 86*.
Today the high is 31*.
With the low of 29*.
Stay warm and dry folks.

Light snow, but only 2 inches on the ground. Temp in the high teens. Grandson had to tote gallons of warm water from the kitchen to water all the chickens, takes about 10 gallons. Hydrants were frozen. Dogs are good in their caves, but just fed them and couldn't figure out why one had feathers everywhere. He's a known chicken killer. Turned out that he ripped a hole in the comforter I gave him.

Latest posts

Back