Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine from our local news channel on their 11pm broadcast last night. They usually give a general cover for the year on New Years Eve.

I also keep track of and report my daily totals to Cocorahs.org. I could go thru that for my yearly info, or build a spreadsheet as I do my reports.

@Bacpacker and @Peanut what websites did you use to find your statistics?
I can't find overall 2020 stats for my area.

I have the same rain gauge as Bacpacker which measures to 1/100th of an inch. I wrote my rain amounts on a wall calendar and totaled them each month. Today I put up a new calendar. I totaled the amounts on the old calendar then put it in a file cabinet. I don't need a computer to check dates and amounts, just look at last years calendar.

Expected snow tomorrow for a lot of Texas, they say we've been in a 5 year drought for snow.
Here it'll be rain mixed with snow. Church cancelled.
Prediction: 1"-3" for my area, which will cause accidents galore because most don't know how to drive in the snow down here in Texas. Other areas may get up to 6", from Lubbock to Waco.
Supposed to be back up in the 60s by Wednesday.

It never got above 40 degrees here, I think the 3rd straight day. Miserable outside. They had the warming stations open in Birmingham last night and tonight for the homeless.

Who thought up the term "Warming Stations"? Isn't that where they keep the food before moving it to the buffet? Asking for a friend!:rolleyes:

We're due for an ice storm, it's been more than a decade. It usually melts off the roads quickly. However, it usually takes down all the power lines in huge areas, several counties. A lot of people lose their heating systems. That's the dangerous part.

Thinking about it... we haven't had a MAJOR one since about 98 or 99.

• Monday

Monday: Widespread fog, mainly before 10am.  Otherwise, cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 79. Breezy, with a light and variable wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 mph in the morning.

Fog then
    Partly Sunny
    and Breezy
    High: 79 °F
  • Monday
    Night
    Monday Night: Patchy fog after midnight.  Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. South wind around 8 mph.

Mostly Cloudy
    then Patchy
    Fog
    Low: 60 °F
  • Tuesday

Tuesday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 80. Southwest wind 7 to 13 mph.

Mostly Cloudy
    High: 80 °F

Snow. We have around 3" right now.
I think we hit 74° today.
Overcast and humidity above 90% all day.
It is nice not hearing the heating unit run today.:thumbs:
Last month's electric bill had teeth in it from the cold weather last month.
panic.gif

But we have a mutual agreement, I love them, and they love me!:heart:

I think we hit 74° today.
Overcast and humidity above 90% all day.
It is nice not hearing the heating unit run today.:thumbs:
Last month's electric bill had teeth in it from the cold weather last month.View attachment 57647
But we have a mutual agreement, I love them, and they love me!:heart:

We don't really hear the wood stove and the wood only cost us a gallon of gas/oil mix and a some time. ;)

Lower 30's here, had the first snow of winter this morning, a grand 1" +, looks like more is coming, any snow in the mountains around us is a good thing, it restocks the water table for the coming year.

Latest posts

Back