Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was 62 degrees at 5:30 AM this morning. It dropped to 42 at 8 AM with cold big raindrops and now 45 degrees at 9 AM. Today's forecast high was for 75 now modified to 64

Low temp Tuesday forecast to be 18 with cold rain, sleet, and ice pellets on Wed, Thu, Fri, and Sat. with highs of 50 Tue and only in the 30s on Wed & Thu.

Update at 10:20 AM = 37 degrees. Forecast was for warming up after 9 AM. :confused;

Update at 11 AM = 32 degrees
at 2:15 PM = 48 degrees
at 3 PM = 42 degrees

Last edited by a moderator:
ICE this morning. 0835 and its 26. Not going much higher today. More rain tonight and more ICE. Roads are clear. Fore cast is a thicker coating tonight. Hope the power dont go out. I have my generator ready, and propane heat just in case. If it wasnt so cold out would be a good day to burn my brush piles. I anit going out. Its 81 in my shooting room/shop right now. Im fat, happy and warm.

Much the same here. 17 degrees at 8:45 AM. 75 in my room. Forecast is for more ice pellets beginning at 2 PM with a high of 26. Wife is making orange frosted rolls. At some time, one of us is going to have to go out, feed the barn cats, and bring in the mail. Its my turn. I am stalling. I have only been up for 15 minutes. (I went to bed at 5 AM). I need a shower. Then I'll wait so I don't have to go out with wet hair. Just maybe she will do the chores again today..

Like Frank, I am fat, happy, and warm (well said, Frank).

I'm going to play with my KelTec RFB later.

Update @ 11 AM -
Stalling did not work. Wife never offered to do today's chores, but she did make rolls. I took the dogs out for about 1 hour and fed the barn cats.

Up to 24 degrees now. It is not too bad when out of the wind... Ice due in 3 hours.

Colder than all get out here this morning !............14 degrees
Had to turn on the A/C in the van this afternoon. Sweating too much. Cracking a window- not enough.
clap.gif

Edit: of course, we'll also have 2 weeks of spring then it will be 90 until Christmas:rolleyes:.

25 with light snow here.

33 right now at 0420. Will go up to about 46 today so the ice will start to melt. Not much if anything overnight which is good. Next 5 days in upper 40s-upper 50s.

25 with light flurries / freezing drizzle at 4:50 AM. It has been the same temp & conditions all night.

Forecast is for a high of 40 today.

Still Icy here. Roads are horrible and many wrecks. We closed down again today just to be safe. More sleet moving in around noon. It should be another messy day. 27 degrees at the moment.

Slicker than goose grease out there this morning, 28 degrees right now and ice everywhere !..................

36 here at 0915 ....ITS MELTING, ITS MELTING. Ice dripping and running off the roofs. I even got my truck door open, was froze shut all day yesterday. Roads are clear so will run to town.

25 with a mix of flurries and freezing mist here at 9:30 AM. Wife and dogs could not get out the front door. They went out the carport and terrorized the cats out there. The grass is iced over like a skating rink.

Update @ 9:50 AM -
Temp is up to 26 and freezing mist has changed to freezing light rain. I could not walk to the barn to feed / water the cats. Forecast is to warm above 32 later today.

Update @ 12:30 PM -
28 degrees with freezing drizzle. I just drove out to our mailbox and found out after I came back inside that there is no mail service today as the area roads are all iced over. In the few minutes I was out from under the carport, my windshield iced over and it was looking like waxed paper had covered the glass.

Update at 4 PM -
31 degrees and no precipitation. Ice coating beginning to melt.

Really odd that its freezing rain in Tx, Ok, and Kansas and not in Mo. Almost a 20 deg difference in temp. Low tonight fore cast to be about 40. Rain next 3 days on and off but temps will be above 32. Sunday, Monday and Tuesday will be sonny from mid 50s - mid 60s.

7:30pm and it's 33 degrees here in Oklahoma City. Most of the ice has melted away but streets are still wet and will refreeze tonight.
Suppose to have rain tomorrow with a high of around 43 degrees.

2020 and 44 deg. raining. Not going below 40 tonight. Im going to bed. Tomorrow is another day, with more rain and 55+. Have to pull my daughters Durango out of the mud my grandson drove into. Took a U turn off the drive instead of taking the circle drive all the way around ...... :bang Head:

2020 and 44 deg. raining. Not going below 40 tonight. Im going to bed. Tomorrow is another day, with more rain and 55+. Have to pull my daughters Durango out of the mud my grandson drove into. Took a U turn off the drive instead of taking the circle drive all the way around ...... :bang Head:

33 degrees at 4:25 AM, with dense fog. NWS online alert shows visibility restricted until Noon. Visibility currently at 2/10 mile.

Update at 9:20 AM -
33 degrees. Fog has lifted, but advisory remains in effect until Noon. Overcast now with cold light mist. 99.9% of the ice is gone.

Update at 12:30 PM -
Still 33 degrees. Forecast is for 37 later this afternoon.

35 degrees here this morning, might make 50 today, not bad !.................

F9D55683-9F95-4E69-BA63-68CCF58C6330.jpeg

33 degrees at 4:25 AM, with dense fog. NWS online alert shows visibility restricted until Noon. Visibility currently at 2/10 mile.

Update at 9:20 AM -
33 degrees. Fog has lifted, but advisory remains in effect until Noon. Overcast now with cold light mist. 99.9% of the ice is gone.

Update at 12:30 PM -
Still 33 degrees. Forecast is for 37 later this afternoon.

Update at 2 PM -
STILL 33 degrees. Fog has returned. Visibility is about 500 yards.

Update at 2 PM -
STILL 33 degrees. Fog has returned. Visibility is about 500 yards.

Update at 6 PM -

Finally, a change in temperature. Unfortunately, its only 1 degree and its colder not warmer - down to 32. Fog is still here. Density changes. Visibility is about a 1/2 mile right now. I expect re-freezing as temps drop overnight. Forecast shows ice pellets around midnight.

Update at 12:45 AM Saturday -
32 degrees. Heavy mist and dense fog. 7 mph wind.

Update at 5 AM -
32 degrees and mist. 3 mph wind.

Update at 9 AM -
Warming trend. Now up to 33 degrees. Overcast with very light mist. Wind at 4 mph.

Back