Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
High today and most of the week is 91 and sunny so far.see they changed it already,

Mostly sunny, with a high near 85. South wind around 14 mph.
Tonight
Patchy fog after 4am. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 65. Southwest wind 3 to 7 mph.
Friday
Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 86. South wind 5 to 11 mph.
Friday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. Light southwest wind.
Saturday
Partly sunny, with a high near 90. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63.
Sunday
Partly sunny, with a high near 86.
Sunday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63.
Monday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 80.
Monday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60.
Tuesday
A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 83.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 61.

Update... a lull right now. The storm headed for me lifted, crossed about 6 miles south of me. A cousin heard it. I could hear the ball lighting.

Ball lighting, not an official term, just what I call a phenomenon the happens some times around the core of a tornado. There can be intense lighting. The rumble of thunder does not stop, continuous. Sometime you can see it, hopefully not, hearing it is as close as I want to be.

Big damage today. A super cell long track tornado traveled across the entire state. From just north of Meridian Mississippi, across Alabama, into Georgia near Cherokee county AL. It was on the ground for most of a 200 mile track. This image of the damage is about 2hours old taken just south of Birmingham near Helena.

Minutes ago, 2 tornado warning issued, storms crossing into AL from Mississippi just north of the earlier super cell.

helena.jpg

Last edited:
Update... a lull right now. The storm headed for me lifted, crossed about 6 miles south of me. A cousin heard it. I could hear the ball lighting.

Ball lighting, not an official term, just what I call a phenomenon the happens some times around the core of a tornado. There can be intense lighting. The rumble of thunder does not stop, continuous. Sometime you can see it, hopefully not, hearing it is as close as I want to be.

Big damage today. A super cell long track tornado traveled across the entire state. From just north of Meridian Mississippi into Georgia near Cherokee county AL. It was on the ground for most of a 200 mile track. This image of the damage is about 2hours old taken just south of Birmingham near Helena.

Minutes ago, 2 tornado warning issued, storms crossing into AL from Mississippi just north of the earlier super cell.

View attachment 62033
Thanks @Peanut . I got folks up there down below Greensboro.

@Supervisor42 Greensboro is about to be hit in the next 5 minutes, might pass just north of the city.

Update... A large tornado is on the ground, will pass about 4 miles north of the city of Greensboro near Sawyer. 2 minutes and counting. 4:34pm

Update 2 - 3 dead reported in Ohatchee AL, victims of the first super cell.

Last edited:
Stay safe Peanut but I like the reports.
We've had almost 1.25" of rain so far.storms starting to move in, but no tornado watches yet. Looks like the main line is near the Al/TN border and lifting. We are expecting our worst between 10 and 1 tonight. Possible flash floods to. Should clear skys by the time I leave for work

The NWS and TWC got caught napping so you won't see much on TV because it will make them look bad.
Nice drone footage of one that 'didn't happen' :rolleyes::

Check out the trees at the end of the video.

2:10pm... 4 different tornadoes on the ground. Major damage to heavily populated areas SE of Birmingham (suburbs). The video shows damage from a nado at least 1/2 mile wide, complete devastation in the path.

Me... A big tornado on the ground headed in my general direction. Looks like it'll pass within 5 miles either side of me. In other words I'm dead center.

Even worse, the line of storms stretch back into Mississippi. I'll be in the shooting gallery for the next several hours.

Oops, now there are 2 tornadoes on the ground headed for me.

I got my folks down the stairs, they are safe in the storm room. updates to continue.

OMGosh, ,hope nobody was hurt,be careful .

Sorry SuperV you already put it up before I didi.

This is the monster as it passed Greensboro 10 minutes ago...

Update - Centerville and Brent Alabama is about to be hit by this monster in about 4 minutes... if you know someone there call them...

View attachment 62039

Our grand kids aare in Decatue Ala. and hubbys cousin is down on Fl.Ga.Al. linescorner down south.

5 confirmed deaths in central alabama as of 6pm from the tornadoes.

Only one tornado on the ground at the moment, the monster wedge tornado in the photo above.

That tornado went over the Cahaba and Little Cahaba Rivers. I used to white water canoe the little Cahaba as a young man. I remember friends and I would drop off our camping gear/food with a little company and put in the river there. They would drop our gear 7 miles down stream at a known camping location and pick us up another 9 miles further downstream the next day.

Sort of funny, one trip there had been heavy spring thunderstorms up river, about this time of year. The canoeing was great, white caps over 3ft. When we pitched our tents that evening I didn't like the looks of the river so I pitched my tent farther up the hill to my friends jokes... the river rose over 10ft during the night. By midnight their tents were either gone or soaked. One friend spent the night in a tree. I saved the canoes and everyone else. They spent the night shivering by my fire in the rain while my girlfriend and I slept in my nice dry tent... Sorry, this tornado and that area brought back many memories.

Last edited:
5 confirmed deaths in central alabama as of 6pm from the tornadoes.

Only one tornado on the ground at the moment, the monster wedge tornado in the photo above.

That tornado went over the Cahaba and Little Cahaba Rivers. I used to white water canoe the little Cahaba as a young man. I remember friends and I would drop off our camping gear/food with a little company and put in the river there. They would drop our gear 7 miles down stream at a known camping location and pick us up another 9 miles further downstream the next day.

Sort of funny, one trip there had been heavy spring thunderstorms up river, about this time of year. The canoeing was great, white caps over 3ft. When we pitched our tents that evening I didn't like the looks of the river so I pitched my tent up the hill to my friends jokes... the river rose over 10ft during the night. By midnight their tents were either gone or soaked. One friend spent the night in a tree. I saved the canoes and everyone else. They spent the night shivering by my fire in the rain (except the one guy in the tree) while my girlfriend and I slept in my nice dry tent... Sorry, this tornado and that area brought back many memories.

I don't mind stories beats news,huh?

You ok? Storms pass you yet?
I’m fine. A stray thunderstorm about 20 miles south east of me but really not due to get rain for another hour or hour and a half. Tornado watch is until midnight and I’m sort of on the outer edge of it. Not in the bullseye like a lot of others, for which I’m grateful.

"Just when I thought I was out they pulled me back in!" - Michael Corleone

All watches for the entire state had been dropped but for a few counties... not mine. Now there is a "Tornado Warning" for my area, yet another tornado on the ground but not headed for me. Also a severe thunderstorm warning for several counties to the NE, headed away.

"Just when I thought I was out they pulled me back in!" - Michael Corleone

All watches for the entire state had been dropped but for a few counties... not mine. Now there is a "Tornado Warning" for my area, yet another tornado on the ground but not headed for me. Also a severe thunderstorm warning for several counties to the NE, headed away.

Don't get use to them an too comfortable.

Latest posts

Back