Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are having a heck of a storm. I guess we need the rain, but it looks like this one is going to be with us for a while.

Perfect. Absolutely perfect man.
Heck I can't do anything about the weather so I kinda quit worrying about it. Matters most to me when it concerns hunting n fished n how animals n fish react. But for day to day activities i just go about my day.
I've got the right gear and enjoy the seasons. And generally don't let the weather effect my day negatively.
And feel blessed to be here

Amazing, late afternoon, nearly July, north central Texas 76°, a bit of rain, cloudy.
It was 92° earlier. Weather maps and reports are saying it will be cooler here than average for the summer.
Very sorry for those who are suffering without AC.
Back in 1991 we had a summer in southern Pennsylvania where it hit 116°. Getting a big window unit was a must!

Amazing, late afternoon, nearly July, north central Texas 76°, a bit of rain, cloudy.
It was 92° earlier. Weather maps and reports are saying it will be cooler here than average for the summer.
Very sorry for those who are suffering without AC.
Back in 1991 we had a summer in southern Pennsylvania where it hit 116°. Getting a big window unit was a must!
I'm in N Central Tx too! Watching the heat in the NW and thinking how weird that it's been cooler here of all places🤔

Really Hot.jpg

Really Hot 2.jpg

109° F today.

Our evening lows (84° F) are what our highs usually are...

Absolutely beautiful out today! Right now its 68 with sun and clouds and a nice breeze blowing and low humidity.
I had to put on leggings and a tshirt lol
Supposed to get to 80 today
Same for tomorrow with it getting to 83.
Then the heat comes back and we're up to the 90's again all week until thursday

Hazy today, very high humidity. We had several big rains yesterday, haven't checked the rain gauge to measure. No rain expected for today, temps in the mid 80's.

Edit to add..

I just got caught up on adding up rain totals by month. I write daily totals on the big wall calendar in my kitchen and I'd gotten behind on adding them up.

As of 30Jun I've gotten 51.58 inches for the year. My average yearly rainfall is 55 inches. Basically I've gotten a years worth of rain in the first 6 months... I don't ever remember seeing rain like this before, incredible!

Last edited:
I'm afraid to add mine up here in N Tx. I managed to mow this morning before the rain started again. Crazy!
We're getting some rain today :rolleyes:.
When your back yard looks like this, you just might be Cajun:
IMG_20210703_154428.jpg

2" in less than 2 hours :thumbs:.

Latest posts

Back