Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its so humid here its like breathing water. Thanks freddie :rolleyes:
Freddie is supposed be here by wednesday into wednesaday night.
We could have wind gusts up to 40mph and tropical rains

We finally got a break. It has essentially been triple digits since the later part of June & what we call "dead air" meaning it doesn't move. The smoke from the fires has just settled down into the lower valleys all across the NW. This morning there is a breeze and we can actually see the sky. I know that sounds odd, but it's just been brown for about 2 months now. Our high today is supposed to be in the mid 70s. Still no rain in sight, but at least it's not 100* :dancing:

Well I am behind on this thread.
90's over the weekend. Dumped 1.79" from the rain gauge Monday morning, high of 88.
Today, dumped .32" and had a high of 73. Tied the record for the lowest high temp for this date going back to 1879. Rain gauge had over 2" when I got home from work. Fred arrived this morning and should push on thru later tonight.

@Pearl I was out in it around 2, don't know if there were flood warnings (there probably were) but I went through a downpour and water that was deeper than I like to drive through, it wasn't bad tho. It rained a couple of times today.
It has cooled off nicely, 72°.
Flood watch tomorrow, be safe!!

2.89" this morning. Suppose to be sunny and 87 today
9:15pm and it is 85.1°F .
Remember that song "Hot Summer Nights"?
If you ever wondered what it took to get the clothes off of that 'hot chick', well there ya' go!👍

Big rain here. I've gotten about 4inches since lunch. Flash flood warnings out for several areas. So much for going to town to get groceries. I have to cross a swamp, water was already high, doubt it's across the roads but why tempt fate.
No driving through water!!

No driving through water!!
...Unless your truck looks like this, and you live down here :thumbs: :
maxresdefault-68--5617b1b27fe29.jpg

Uh oh, someone put a four letter f-word in the front of that truck, where's the bow tie!!
You don't think they are going to do something that horrible, and hideous, to a good truck, doya'?:eyeballs:
That's why God made Fords :thumbs:.
You don't have to worry about messin' one of those up!:ghostly:

I got in my truck (which was in the shade) and it said 91°. Opened the windows and blasted AC to cool it off and force hot air out. Closed windows, started driving. Rain and thunder kicked up and temp dropped to 75° in a matter of minutes. It still felt hot out though.

Latest posts

Back